Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best AR trigger ?

usmc1974

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been pretty happy with CMC single stage 3.5# triggers in nearly all of my ARs. I got a hold of a patrol/duty 4.5# but can't really tell the difference. I've tried Geiselle's and they seem worth it and would probably use them if I hadn't started with CMC. I just like keep most things the same.

I have tried so many over the years.  At this time, my 3 gun rifle has a Hyperfire with the shoe.  I have fairly large hands so the little extra reach and the shoe feels good.  I have had JP,  Geisselle,  American Gold, Rock River, and White Oak Armament (tuned Rock River).  All have been quality triggers, but the Hyperfire is working for me at this time.

• 4 weeks later...

I have very limited experience but for a single stage trigger the velocity is #1 for the money to me. They run about 40 bucks cheaper than the cmc triggers. Cmc has a tiny bit of creep where the velocity has zero. Also I feel the velocity has slightly less overtravel and therefore a shorter reset. Weight wise they are the same. I plan on getting a couple more for my other ARs.

• 2 months later...

I have a couple Hipertouch triggers, and I couldn't be more impressed.  Hiperfire designed a trigger that actually hits HARDER when you install the HEAVIER springs to lighten the pull!  Sounds illogical, but it does work that way... 

I got my first one in a package deal from PSA.  The Hipertouch 24 trigger had just been introduced, and it was included with a lower parts package for a small upcharge.  I suppose it was part of Hiperfire's new product roll-out.  Anyway, I had plenty of mil-spec triggers from other builds, so didn't need another mil-spec!  So, I thought I might as well give Hiperfire a shot.  (Yuk, yuk....) 

I thought the design seemed a little odd at first, but I was astonished at how good that trigger was!  I used the lighter springs at first, but using the heaviest springs is what made that trigger really shine!  It was the basic model, and it still has a little creep, similar to a good mil-spec trigger.  However, the break was much lighter and crisper.  Plus, the FP strike was heavier than mil-spec.  I figured it may be fragile, and not hold up over the long haul.  Well, I was wrong.  It is still going strong after several years, and heavy use. 

When I needed another trigger for a new build, I didn't hesitate to try Hiperfire's newer three gun version - Hipertouch 24 3G.  With the three gun version, creep is almost completely gone, and the light clean break is even better than the original version!  (I prefer a traditional curved trigger, so I haven't tried one of their flat-trigger versions.) 

I have experienced NO misfires with my Hiperfire triggers - EVER!  They are my first choice for new builds. 

https://www.hiperfire.com/product/hipertouch24/

https://www.hiperfire.com/product/hipertouch243g/

On 12/25/2016 at 0:11 AM, glazer1972 said:

I had LMT two stages for a good while. I thought they were great till I tried the Larue Tactical MBT. It's great. 

I'm running a rock river 2 stage NM trigger in my AR, will hopefully finding out how nice the LT MBT is soon (Have a 260 tOBR on order)

i recently installed a HiperFire 24 3g -(bought it from some guy who one one in a match for a pretty good deal)  in an AR, (and can be used in an AR 10) i love it, its adjustable with springs they provide in the package from a little over 2 lbs to up a little under 5 lbs.  

its a single stage, super crisp, almost 0 take up, and short reset.  

that being said,   DPMS is having a sale on Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) Trigger  109 bux, thats a killer deal for an awesome trigger too..http://www.dpmsinc.com/Geissele-2-Stage-G2S-Trigger_p_2679.html

but the best trigger is really about feel and what feels good to you, and what you can get out of it.  

If for precision only I would recommend the SSA-E or national match...I would never recommend a single stage for absolute precision..

single stage are great for fast and accurate...but not absolute precision in an AR setup...

the bench

• 1 month later...
On September 8, 2015 at 0:20 PM, Dan Sierpina said:

If it is exclusively a long range rifle, go with a Geissele 2 stage high speed match trigger. Total pull adjustable under 2 pounds with the second stage down to .3 pounds.

Plus 1

I also have tried almost all of them  I settled on AR Gold.  I have a flat ELF in a 11.5" SBR, it is a true single stage with a pretty light pull and a VERY positive reset.  However it also wont reliably set off CCI 41 primers. My least favorite was an SD3G but I think it could be an acquired taste. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any decent trigger that you practice with and learn to love will beat the latest fad trigger that you just got.  So it really does not much matter which trigger you think is best, because they are are all about the same.