Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best AR trigger ?

usmc1974

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that there are a couple more trigger manufactures these days.

I have been shooting a CMC for a while and like it a lot.

I recently picked up a Mech Armor Defense trigger and was very impressed. It is nearly identical to the Timney as many of them are. They have an intro offer to SH members at $105 and I needed another trigger so I thought why not.

Agree with the above on the Geissele 2 stage. Use the DMR spring and it like 2 pounds.

I don't understand people that spend $1000 on glass, $500 on a barrel, $300 on a weird free float, $300 on a bolt but cheap out on what's probably the most important part of the rifle.

If you get it from MidwestPX you get all 3 springs with it.

http://midwestpx.com/product_info.php?cPath=70_151&products_id=484

Everyone has their favorites but I always try to find out what led people to their parts decisions.

An alternative route for information may be to ask "What is the worst AR trigger for my application?". Knowing why may help you avoid particular pitfalls instead of just hearing about the best features of any given product.

I wouldn't be running a Timney 3 lb unless you want light strikes in that rifle. Maybe a 4lb in the AR10 if going for the drop in style.

I am really liking the Hiperfire 24TH. Under 3lb but hits with way more force due to the design.

Currently own:

1. CMC Curved, Single Stage

2. CMC Straight 2 Stage

3. Bushmaster (early version) 2 stage.

4. JP Curved

5. AR Gold

6. JP (latest) Round

The newest JP trigger is really the best. John Paul can really build them!

Ranger6

I wouldn't be running a Timney 3 lb unless you want light strikes in that rifle. Maybe a 4lb in the AR10 if going for the drop in style.

I am really liking the Hiperfire 24TH. Under 3lb but hits with way more force due to the design.

I have a Timney 4 pound AR10 trigger. The return spring was set heavier, the hammer spring is the same as the 3 pound AR15 trigger. It wouldn't ignite a single round of Hornady Steel Match.

Anybody running the Hiperfire 24TH? What do you think of it? Thanks

I am. I just checked the pull weight and it looks like it's 2lb 5oz pulling straight back.

Very fast and breaks clean. I haven't owned a wide variety of triggers but for me it's easily better than the JP and the Timney that I own. Not having to worry about light strikes is definitely a huge bonus as well.

Because of how light the break is I feel like it's a bit easier for me to sneak up on the long range targets from a trigger pull perspective.

Edited by alma

For 3 gun, I love my JP triggers, but for a precision, long range rifle, it's without a doubt the Jard adjustable trigger. Pull weight can be taken down to 1.5 lbs with zero creep. Down side is they are more complex to properly install than all the modular trigger groups listed in previous posts, but if you want close to a benchrest quality trigger in an AR, it's the only one I've found.