Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best AR trigger ?

usmc1974

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slight diversion here: Did you guys see the two new AR triggers at the Shotshow that fire once on the pull and once on the release? On the one hand, it seems like it could be dangerous, but on the other hand looks kind of fun.

I just installed one of the Velocity 3lb single stages in my Sig. "Best" is subjective, but it is what's advertised - clean crisp 3 lb trigger that is an easy "drop in" replacement. The owners background is impressive and I'd put that trigger up against anything out there at that pull weight. Oh, and the price is right too, which doesn't hurt. :D

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiperfire Fire 24c in my 223 and PPC. Had the lightest springs in because I didn't read the instruction. Swapped out to heaviest (yields a 2# trigger). After about 1000 rounds thru it, super clean break, short travel.

Really pleased

• 2 weeks later...

I have 3 Geisselles. 2 SSA-e and a National match DMR, that I just installed in my lr308, and a Timney 3lb single stage. The Geisselles are buy far my favorite and the National match is a great choice for your setup if you like a two stage trigger. 

Slight diversion here: Did you guys see the two new AR triggers at the Shotshow that fire once on the pull and once on the release? On the one hand, it seems like it could be dangerous, but on the other hand looks kind of fun.

How can that possibly not be nfa?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, f2benny said:

How can that possibly not be nfa?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Because it only fires one round per PULL.  The second round fires on the RELEASE.  If there were two or more rounds fired per PULL, it would be a machine gun and considered NFA.  Quite poking the bear.

It's possible I'm cheap an practical.   I also think it is important to have toys.....

I'm using a $ 50 bill Springfield trigger job.     While not the crispest break its sub 2.5#.

for long range, slow fire shooting.....  I think decent trigger group with good trigger control/ shooting position/  training trumps a +$ 200 trigger any day.  

At this point my skill level has yet to exceed the quality of my current trigger.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/8/2015 at 4:59 AM, usmc1974 said:

I am now using an rra trigger in my lrp ar10 feels a might heavy. What is the best trigger for long range. Thanks B

Long range? I have a geissele Hi speed national "match" and "service rifle". They are awesome. Buy the Match kit, and DMR spring set and you have a trigger you can adjust from about 2 lbs to 4 lbs iirc. The lock time is the fastest in the business as far as  I know. That is all accomplished with a Plus powered hammer spring. If you want a non adjustable "combat"  trigger go with the SSA-E, about 3.5 lbs non adjustable. The trigger in my SPR is about 2 lbs on the first stage, then about a half pound of additional pressure and the hammer drops. It is the best. You may need to run a higher trigger pull rate on an AR10 than the 2.5 lb setup, I know on my three gun rifle I had to be careful with trigger reset in regards to shooting doubles, especially with a short reset trigger.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...