Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

135 sns bullet?

biglou13

Anybody loading these In your CZ's (short chamber)

I've read that some have had issues with 135's some love them

Just loading for a training round.... No power factor needs yet....

any pet loads with bullseye.

I'm getting some of these in this week to test.

I like the idea of,splitting the difference between the 125. And 147. (. Which I relally can't feel that that much of a difference between as far as recoil response

My OAL was 1.054 for my Shadow.

I was thinking oal would bit longer with 135.....

I was hoping to avoid issues with seating a bullet so deep.

With 147 flat point. I did not have to cull out specific head stamps......

Are either of your barrels reamed?

I've read that the most custom shop guns are bbl are reamed.

I' ve got a large sample of SNS @ post office.

I started a new job. I can't get to post office until Friday to pick up bullets.

I hate it when you can't get to your new toys right away!

Are either of your barrels reamed?

I've read that the most custom shop guns are bbl are reamed.

I' ve got a large sample of SNS @ post office.

I started a new job. I can't get to post office until Friday to pick up bullets.

I hate it when you can't get to your new toys right away!

Haha ain't that the worst? I have some packages Ive been waiting on and Ive been on the road for work for over a month. I feel like a little kid at Christmas.

My barrels are not reamed. The profile on the SNS 135 and the Bayou 135 are different. The SNS has a very long bearing surface that tapers very quickly to the RN. I wouldn't worry about pressure loading that short, just start small and work your way up checking for signs of pressure. I was loading with Titegroup and made 130PF with 3.2gr with no pressure signs.

I am not a big fan of reaming CZ barrels for minor loads. I see no reason to fit the gun to a bullet when you can easily and safely fit the bullet to the gun.

Edited by brisix

Brisix I may have barrel reamed? Did you see any drop in accuracy? Thing is I've got everything to fit and shoot well ( hand loads). I just had to cull out certain head stamps.

bfalcon... I was being nice to the post lady and left her a note to leave pkg at post office......you know the 70# box isn't fun... Hell I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to carry it.

From what I have been told by a gunsmith at Automatic Accuracy, if done right there are no adverse effects to reaming a barrel. I just have a personal preference not to for minor loads. 9mm major there is a clear benefit to getting a barrel reamed for longer OAL.

I just worked up a load using the SNS 135 for a CZ SP01 Shadow.

oal: 1.06

3.45gn VV N320

right at 129pf

Barrel was slightly reamed to allow MG 124JHP at 1.10

There was no noticeable change in accuracy from reaming. I can stay in the headbox at 25yds before and after, that's about all I can manage with iron sights.