Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

460 rowland loads

aidenpeacemaker

Hey guys I am about to buy a rowland conversion for my springer 5" ..I am gonna buy a box or two of Rowlands ammo to try out then buy some starline brass..I haven't decided witch powder to use or bullet type yet..I would like to keep the fps in the 1300 range. The purpose for the rounds are to destroy stuff at the range (fruit sodas any thing really) those of you that have any experience I appreciate any feedback..

It is the same consistency as titegroup. I looked back at the hodgdon website and longshot is the only powder that shows up for 460 Rowland.

If you have never used a 460 conversion there are some things that I experienced that may be helpful. I bought mine to take to Alaska but I could never get it to be 100% reliable. I think that most of the unreliability was due to the slide locking back during recoil. I rounded off a slidestop and that took care of that but I still had a few failures to feed that left me uncomfortable using it for protection.

It is the same consistency as titegroup. I looked back at the hodgdon website and longshot is the only powder that shows up for 460 Rowland.

If you have never used a 460 conversion there are some things that I experienced that may be helpful. I bought mine to take to Alaska but I could never get it to be 100% reliable. I think that most of the unreliability was due to the slide locking back during recoil. I rounded off a slidestop and that took care of that but I still had a few failures to feed that left me uncomfortable using it for protection.

thanks for the heads up..I am gonna take it slow and easy..