Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon tech support Aug 2015

Oftentimes lubricating the correct part at the correct point is the answer. We will have some cleaning and lubrication videos for the Square Deal B, RL550B and XL650 up on our website and on your Youtube account probably next week. Just about finished with the voiceover, just need to change the format and they'll be ready to go. As for the female CSR, she is fairly new. She is a shooting instructor, loads lots of handgun and rifle. Like all CSRs, regardless of gender, you simply have to do the job a while to become proficient at it. I haven't overheard anyone being grumpy on the phone, but I do monitor for it.

Customer service speaks volumes in today's society. One of the reason why I will continue to buy springfield armorys firearms is because of there customer service. They don't mess around there on top of it. I like the fact that a company stands behind there equipment and offers a No BS . Keep up the good work team blue..

:roflol: ^Right? People nowadays want to be cuddled and spoken too like they are the only thing that matters. All I ask is a little respect and be spoken to like an adult. "Oh noes! He sounded grumpy on the phone! I'm going to put their whole company on blast now." No offense, but people are human and have bad days. I've been told for years I sound like an a_-hole on the phone but it's more my monotone voice but I talk to people with respect and they get the help they need.

:roflol: ^Right? People nowadays want to be cuddled and spoken too like they are the only thing that matters. All I ask is a little respect and be spoken to like an adult. "Oh noes! He sounded grumpy on the phone! I'm going to put their whole company on blast now." No offense, but people are human and have bad days. ....

Lighten up Francis. I don't need my ass kissed by Dillon or anyone else. My post was expressing curiosity and asking if others had experienced similar stuff the past few weeks (out of character from my Dillon experiences the past **25** years).

Nope. The shell plate bolt broke on my SD Sunday afternoon after 15 years of loading 9mm at around 20K per year, called at 0700 Monday morning, bolt arrived Wednesday at 1300 hours, back in business, loaded 250 caps for this Saturday's USPSA match.

Edited by 9x45

I've been calling and asking inane question at RCBS and Dillon for years, both have always been great including multiple calls to Dillon in the last week.

What really impresses me though is they maintain a presence here, and have done so for so long as well. I can only imagine the number of times they smack their head against the wall saying "use the search function" or "seriously?", seeing the same questions come up time and time again. Beyond buying their stuff whenever possible in wish there was a better way to say thanks.

Oftentimes lubricating the correct part at the correct point is the answer. We will have some cleaning and lubrication videos for the Square Deal B, RL550B and XL650 up on our website and on your Youtube account probably next week. Just about finished with the voiceover, just need to change the format and they'll be ready to go. As for the female CSR, she is fairly new. She is a shooting instructor, loads lots of handgun and rifle. Like all CSRs, regardless of gender, you simply have to do the job a while to become proficient at it. I haven't overheard anyone being grumpy on the phone, but I do monitor for it.

Looking forward to these.

My only problem is getting through. Once I get someone on line I've never had anyone be nasty to me. I'll never forget when I got my 650 and the handle kept hitting slightly the spent primer cup. This guy spent a good 30 minutes with me before asking for a photo of the problem. I sent it, he called right back, dummy me had it on backwards. Boy did I feel like the dummy.

I can just imagine all the stupid shit they put up with from newbie reloaders.

Newbies

"My primers are going in backwards, what caused that?"

"Why doesn't the 550 index by itself? It's called a progressive, is it broken?"

"I loaded 300 rounds and they don't work in my gun. What's wrong with the press?"

"I re-adjusted everything on my new 1050 from watching U tube videos. Why is the press not working?"

"I switched from powders and the press is throwing more/less grains. What's wrong with the powder measure?"

"Why is the press painted blue?????"

Never had a problem with the phone calls. They have ALWAYS been super helpful. Last 2 times I have made the drive to the store location I have talked to a person on the showroom floor who guaranteed I'll never go back there. Fighting with me about warranty replacing a spring on my 650 that broke. From now on always calling and talking to the people on the phone.

Lubing a machine the right way is usually the way to extend the life before you need to start replacing parts. In their trouble shooting manual I'm sure they start at page one and work there way down. Just like calling tech support and asking "is it plugged in and turned on" Have to make sure because you don't know the level of experience of the person on the other end of the phone.

I can just imagine all the stupid shit they put up with from newbie reloaders.

Newbies

"My primers are going in backwards, what caused that?"

"Why doesn't the 550 index by itself? It's called a progressive, is it broken?"

"I loaded 300 rounds and they don't work in my gun. What's wrong with the press?"

"I re-adjusted everything on my new 1050 from watching U tube videos. Why is the press not working?"

"I switched from powders and the press is throwing more/less grains. What's wrong with the powder measure?"

"Why is the press painted blue?????"

What are the answers? :ph34r:

I bought my 550 2 weeks ago. New to reloading. During the set up, I had an issue that I could not figure out. I called Dillon, and the service rep spent 45 minutes on the line with me, patiently explaining how to fix MY screw up. I was impressed, and wrote an email to them, thanking them for having such supportive technical support staff. "Ron" if your reading this, thanks again from Maryland!

YoungEyes, "What are the answers?"

backwards primers: mount your press to the ceiling

550 doesn't index: it's really a single stage indexing press, your'e only supposed to run 1 case thru at a time

300 rounds: every heard of a case gage? or chamber check?

re-adjusted 1050: our presses are made for inteligent shooters.......... buy a Lee hand press

switched powder: quit reloading and shooting, take up golf or bowling

why is it blue: Why are Glocks black? Our custom shop will Duracote your press any color you want, $250 option.

Edited by 9x45

• 1 month later...

I have to say HONESTLY....out of ANY company I have worked with in YEARS....DILLON has been the BEST.

Yes, the guys on the phone are not very "gabby"...and I appreciate that because they are professional and know what they are doing, and they

know that behind your phone call is another guy or gal waiting to be helped....so they get down to business quickly.
Wish more companies were like Dillon.

I started this thread 9/1/15 after a couple of minor experiences in August that were not typical of my previous 25 great years with Dillon tech support. It was probably a glitch. Maybe they were having a bad week in August.... I dunno.

September and October have been back to the usual great tech support.

To the Dillion CSR Manager: Last week I called with an install question on a 550 with a Strongmount. Your CSR was great and patient with me. I appreciate you caring about me enough to take the time to answer a question that must have asked a million times before. Please keep up the great customer service.