Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from PA

GlockZero

I've been shooting since I was 5 but just recently wanted to get serious about shooting competitively. I picked up a G41 to get my feet wet at a GSSF match sometime in the future, or maybe shoot pins or plates locally. I'm looking to learn a lot here, been reading Ben Stoegers book, have Brians to dive into after that. Most of the reading prior to those were Ayoob/Sweeney which isn't really competitively focused.

I like the G41 a lot. I've had a G17 gen3 and a 2 pin G22 gen3 in the past, they were ok, but found myself looking for more. I also had a SA 1911 loaded for a bit, it was alright. I then moved on to a SA XD-45 Tactical (5" barrel) enjoyed that for a while until I held the G41 and it just balanced so well compared to the XD-45 I traded in. I suppose I'm a .45 fan but just because I'm 6'7" with large hands and the larger frames on the .45s always feel nicer to me. I'd like to try a M&P 45 or an XDm 5.25 at some point or maybe a 2011 but the G41 allows me to shoot GSSF as an introduction to competing. The G41 also has a more enjoyable pleasant recoil impulse, gen 4 RSA maybe, then I remember my G17 or G22 having. Perhaps I should try a G34/G35 Gen4 at some point?

I'd like to thank you all in advance, even just lurking for a few days I've read more quality posts here then anywhere else. Any other recommended reading?

Thanks,

GZ

Welcome fellow Keystoner--Glad to have another of 'us' on this forum. South central for me, York area. Looks like you are committed to Glocks. For me, I have found a tuned CZ to be my favorite--cajunized, that is.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

My commitment to the Glock 41 may be short lived. I just landed a FN FNS-9 LS for under $500 out the door, and it really fits well, even with the shorter length of pull. Can't wait to run this through its paces. I wouldn't call the trigger better or worse, but its different than the Glock for sure. It does have a shorter reset, but I'll have to wait and see how it shoots.

We are at Keystone Sportsmen Association in Muncy, PA. It is just barely north of Rt 80 close to Rt 180. If you would like to receive match announcements send an email to KSA.IDPA@gmail.com. You can also Google the club and find our website for info and the calendar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk