Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anybody Running a Tubbs/JP Buffer Spring - Mods please move!

lwink

Just wondering who out there has personal experience with tubbs flat wire AR buffer spring? Let me know pros or cons with your setup or if you are using something similar (supposedly quieter and better life/recoil reduction). FYI I'm running rifle length buffer tube and have looked at both this and the JP rifle tuned and polished spring.

Mispost, mods please move to rifle technical (or springs). Thanks and sorry!

Edited by lwink

I run a Tubb flat wire my ARs that I suppress. Its quieter than a standard spring for sure and takes a bit more force to charge the rifle. I tried to run it in my rifle with a 18" Nordic, standard bcg, and 3 oz buffer and the rifle would short stroke. Swapped it for a standard rifle spring and now I have a TTI. Annoying sproing sound in the tube but the rifle runs. I'm about to get a JP spring ordered and I hope to go back to a quiet rifle again. Love the Tubb flat wire springs when I'm running a suppressor as they do provide more force to hold the bolt closed. You can clip coils on them, in a video on his site Tubb tells you what the spring rate is, but I haven't tried it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 25/08/2015 at 8:16 AM, MarkCO said:

I run the JP spring with a low mass carrier and empty buffer. For me, best set up I have tried. No noise, soft, reliable.

Mark, JP Captured or just the JP regular spring.  thanks