Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great locking holster for the CZ 75 SP01 3 gunners rejoice!

corny

I had to post this because I have "hit the jackpot". This is for all of you 3 gunners who want to run their CZ's without losing them.

I have been running Blade-Tech and they work great, but I wanted something a little more secure.
I have been looking for an ALS type holster for my two CZ pistols. SP01 and SA Shadow.
I found the Safariland GLS Pro-Fit Holster. Works for both of my guns and is very secure.
The locking feature works great and now I can "run and gun" without losing my pistol.
It has a lever that is disengaged when you grip the pistol, not a thumb break but an index finger break when you grip the gun.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the thumb screws on my Blade-tech from Ben, very nice addition. I like to know that even a hard pull will not get it out of my holster until I want it out. I saw

someone running the Blade Tech get the butt of their pistol caught in their sling and "POP" out came the pistol. Buh-Bye.....match DQ.

The grip release is very slick, fast and secure.

I picked one of these up today. It's the 578 GLS Pro Fit holster. They had it at Academy. The "long" version works for the Tac Sport, Tanfo Limited, and SP01. Adjustment between the 3 is just a few turns of one screw. Haven't tried any other guns yet. The release is faster than a thumb lever. My normal draw releases the latch when I grip the gun. Pretty sweet!

Edited by freshrider

The actual part number is Safariland 578-683-411. 578 GLS PRO-FIT Long Slide Holster. The fitting guide says it will only fit the CZ75. According to Safariland the holster does not fit the SP01.

They are wrong. It fits my SP01 perfectly. The package comes with a shim that has to be installed. It takes up space for the locking

mechanism to lock on the trigger guard. It also comes with a paddle and a belt loop attachments. I use the Safariland QLS on mine.

Hope this helps out.

Edited by corny

• 3 months later...

Also wondering if this would work for the P07/P07 as well? Perhaps without the shim

It's tight, but it does stay in. Seems to be top to bottom fit that's the problem.

Figured I would mention that Safariland is supposed to introduce a larger frame GLS that should work better for the P07/P09 at Shot Show next year.

I've got the compact version now and while I can get the P07 in there, it's definitely not the best fit

Also wondering if this would work for the P07/P07 as well? Perhaps without the shim

It's tight, but it does stay in. Seems to be top to bottom fit that's the problem.

Figured I would mention that Safariland is supposed to introduce a larger frame GLS that should work better for the P07/P09 at Shot Show next year.

I've got the compact version now and while I can get the P07 in there, it's definitely not the best fit

I picked up a 578-283-411 (Glock 19 size) for my CZ 75B Compact and it didn't fit, at all. With a shim, without shim, loosened up entirely. I got the trigger guard lock to engage once, other than that, it didn't fit. Sent it back.

ArrDave, You bought the wrong holster. This is the holster you need. 578-683-551. Check Optics Planet, they have a breakdown of the holsters and which guns they fit.

I have this one and it fits my SP01 and my Shadow SAO.

Safariland 578 GLS Pro-Fit Holster for Beretta 92, Brown, RH - 578-683-551Hand: RightColor: FDE BrownGun Make: ATI, Beretta, Colt, CZ, Ed Brown, FNH, Glock, Grand Power, ISSC, Kimber, Les Baer, Para, Remington, Rock Island, Rock Island Arms, Ruger, S&W, Sarilmaz, Sig Sauer, Springfield, STI, Tanfoglio, Taurus, Walther, Wilson CombatGun Model: ATI 1911, Beretta 90-Two, Beretta 92 Centurion, Beretta 92 Vertx, Beretta 92, Beretta 92S, Beretta 92A1, Beretta 92A3, Beretta 92F, Beretta 92Fs, Beretta 96, Beretta 96A1, Beretta M9, Colt 1911S, CZ 75, Ed Brown 1911, FNH FNS 9/40 LS, FNH FN FIVE-SEVEN
Edited by corny

ArrDave, You bought the wrong holster. This is the holster you need. 578-683-551. Check Optics Planet, they have a breakdown of the holsters and which guns they fit.

I have this one and it fits my SP01 and my Shadow SAO.

Safariland 578 GLS Pro-Fit Holster for Beretta 92, Brown, RH - 578-683-551Hand: RightColor: FDE BrownGun Make: ATI, Beretta, Colt, CZ, Ed Brown, FNH, Glock, Grand Power, ISSC, Kimber, Les Baer, Para, Remington, Rock Island, Rock Island Arms, Ruger, S&W, Sarilmaz, Sig Sauer, Springfield, STI, Tanfoglio, Taurus, Walther, Wilson CombatGun Model: ATI 1911, Beretta 90-Two, Beretta 92 Centurion, Beretta 92 Vertx, Beretta 92, Beretta 92S, Beretta 92A1, Beretta 92A3, Beretta 92F, Beretta 92Fs, Beretta 96, Beretta 96A1, Beretta M9, Colt 1911S, CZ 75, Ed Brown 1911, FNH FNS 9/40 LS, FNH FN FIVE-SEVEN

That works even better than the Safariland site. Wish I would have known that before ordering. I emailed with Safariland but basically got a "yup replied to that one" response.

I have bought many holster that either did not fit or were just crap. I have been running this one for a year and it has been functioning great. (two matches a week).

I am a bit of a careful buyer now-a-days. I look for everyones input before I pull the trigger.

Good luck and carry always.

• 4 weeks later...

I found one of these today at the local farm store and picked it up. After some minor adjustments, meaning adding a shim for narrow trigger guards (the package has a complete list of fitment), I tried it out on a few samples. I did not try this with my Glock pistols as the Glock fits with the shim out and my Blade Tech has worked pretty well with those. It works pretty well. When gripping the pistol, your middle finger will disengage the lock and the pistol is free to draw. It is not as thick as a Blade tech and there is some slight wiggle but for a guy with many different examples of the gun makers art, It is a nice addition.

It comes with a belt and blade attachment, extra screws and a allen tool and also mounts with the Safariland 3 screw attachment. I mounted this to my Invictus holster hanger (long) and it fits easily, I don't think it will fit on the short. I did have to get some short screws from a Blackhawk holster. I have not used this in action yet but it seems promising. It was $42 plus tax.

1A74F84F-A3F2-460F-91DC-64F0CF3CEBB7_zps

Edited by dogtired

if you adjust that allen screw forward of the trigger guard you can get rid of the wiggle.

I have been using this for a few weeks now in practice and a couple club matches. I wish it had a TekLok attachment. The paddle is OK, the belt slide makes it ride too close to the belt IMO.

I picked one of these up today. It's the 578 GLS Pro Fit holster. They had it at Academy. The "long" version works for the Tac Sport, Tanfo Limited, and SP01. Adjustment between the 3 is just a few turns of one screw. Haven't tried any other guns yet. The release is faster than a thumb lever. My normal draw releases the latch when I grip the gun. Pretty sweet!

Just to make sure before I buy one: Did you actually try the CZ-75 Tactical Sport that it fit the long slide holster (578-683-551) and locked in the holster ?

CZ TS is pretty hard pistol to find a good holster with a locking system. If this works I will buy one in a heart beat.