Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Great locking holster for the CZ 75 SP01 3 gunners rejoice!

corny

I picked one of these up today. It's the 578 GLS Pro Fit holster. They had it at Academy. The "long" version works for the Tac Sport, Tanfo Limited, and SP01. Adjustment between the 3 is just a few turns of one screw. Haven't tried any other guns yet. The release is faster than a thumb lever. My normal draw releases the latch when I grip the gun. Pretty sweet!

Just to make sure before I buy one: Did you actually try the CZ-75 Tactical Sport that it fit the long slide holster (578-683-551) and locked in the holster ?

CZ TS is pretty hard pistol to find a good holster with a locking system. If this works I will buy one in a heart beat.

I found out about this holster when a shooting buddy showed up to a 3gun match with one. When I first posted, I thought he shot a tac sport. Turns out his gun is the predecessor to the tac sport, the IPSC Standard. Not sure if there are any dimensional differences or not.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CZ TS is pretty hard pistol to find a good holster with a locking system. If this works I will buy one in a heart beat.

Double Alpha Race Master with CZ insert. Done. Retention with very fast release when needed, or very quick draw on stage start when retention not needed.

Double Alpha Race Master with CZ insert. Done. Retention with very fast release when needed, or very quick draw on stage start when retention not needed.

For IPSC I use a SLB which is THE rig for IPSC. For reservist shooting competitions I need something more field grade that covers more of the pistol.

The old IPSC Standard and Tactical Sport should be identical in outside dimensions.

Thanks for everybody's input.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the left handed Safariland 578 Long Slide. CZ TS 9mm woth adjustable.sight fits and locks in. Had to use a little hot air blower magic to make room for the left hand mag catch sot that it does not drop mags accidentally. Additionally I attached a small piece of kydex with two chigago.screws to prevent anything to enter the trigger guard area. Now the trigger guard area is covered from all directions.

Finally I removed the paddle and attached a G-Code RTI adapter. Now I can use the holster on battle belt, thigh rig, regular belt etc. or replace with different a holster for Glock, USP, M1911A1 or 92F.

• 3 months later...

I tried a Bladetech WRS for my Shadow and had to send it back. The kydex is formed with the safety on and the hood only fit over hammer down. Not mechanically possible nor is that an acceptable ready condition. Customer service said they would notify production of the error. Ordering the Safariland GLS today.

• 8 months later...
On 1/12/2016 at 2:36 PM, Sixxxer said:

I will be picking up a TS pretty soon, just selling off my M&P gear. Looking for a 2x retention holster for lefties has been a pain. Thank you all for posting your findings, I think I'm going with the GLS.

I make them all the time.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Great news ! I look forward to purchasing the 578 - for 3 Gun as well. It should fit my Glock 34 and CZ Shadow 2 .

FYI... Safariland told me it would not fit, glad to hear the opposite from actual users.

Much appreciated !

Edited by Ajdo