Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

low mass bcg

jlchevy

There's a reason JP costs more. You get what you pay for. If your going to shoot a little, buy whatever and it will probably work. If your going to shoot a lot buy the JP and never worry about your carrier again. If your shooting a lot the $50 dollar price difference is just a drop in a bucket anyways.

There's a reason JP costs more. You get what you pay for. If your going to shoot a little, buy whatever and it will probably work. If your going to shoot a lot buy the JP and never worry about your carrier again. If your shooting a lot the $50 dollar price difference is just a drop in a bucket anyways.

this!!

this!!

+1!

I'm liking my Voodoo Inovations. Using with a Nordic 18" barrel & SLR Sentry 7 adjustable gas block opened half way with Wolf Gold at 3000 fps. I did have to get the lightened buffer spring from TTI & I removed all but one of the weights from the rifle buffer.

Edited by OPENB

I'm liking my Voodoo Inovations. Using with a Nordic 18" barrel & SLR Sentry 7 adjustable gas block opened half way with Wolf Gold at 3000 fps. I did have to get the lightened buffer spring from TTI & I removed all but one of the weights from the rifle buffer.

I'm using a Voodoo Innovations low mass bcg as well. I've got an 18" WOA rifle gas barrel, Seekins adjustable gas block, and JP Silent Captured Spring with the lightest spring installed. It shoots incredibly flat and so very smooth.

JP is still the best.

Yep!

Tried a Voodoo one just being on the cheap, didn't work very well (issue with gas flow already posted in another thread) even with new bolt and rings so sent it back to Brownells and swapped out for a JP LMOS...

Buy once, cry once.

JP's are the standard to meet for sure.

That said, I've been running two of the Young's super lights for a few years now and they have been great with all factory ammo and have had no trouble from the with my 2100fps 55gr handloads either

My guess is guys are talking about the standard JP low mass as being the best bang for the buck. The bolt carrier will accept any mil spec bolt but it is hard to beat the JP enhanced bolt. Buy both together and get a little price break.

J

I use the Super Light from Young's Manufacturing, mainly becuase when I was needing a new carrier last year I could never find the JP in stock. :ph34r:

I love it. It's hard-crhormed, so gunk just wipes rigfht off, and it's smoothed out the gun quite nicely. I just recently paired it with a Enidine/ITT hydraulic buffer... between the 16.5" rifle-length gas barrel, the JP recoil eliminator (open gun), and this BCG/buffer setup, it's the lightest recoiling 5.56 AR I've ever shot.

• 8 months later...