Nathanb

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Updated with a side folding thin stock SIG Romeo3 with riser, Timney 3lb trigger, magpul MIAD grip, Springer plus ten extension, and a Lantac Dragon brake.

nIY3XKFh.jpg

Edited by alma

Sweet rig Alma! How much would you estimate it would cost to duplicate it?

On the low end you would be looking at $1500 (MPX-P set up with Springer Precision barrel shroud and Yugo stock). On the high end with tax stamp and all the bells and whistles You would be a bit over $2k. Somewhere in the middle would be the 16" MPX option.

Did you notice much difference with the brake?

Updated with a side folding thin stock SIG Romeo3 with riser, Timney 3lb trigger, magpul MIAD grip, Springer plus ten extension, and a Lantac Dragon brake.

nIY3XKFh.jpg

• 10 months later...
So explain this one to me. Freedom Munitions 147g 9mm round nose won't go through. Jams on the first round. A buddy gave me some steel hollowpoint 124g by DT Defense and the gun works perfectly. I shoot the FM in all of my 9mm pistols without an issue.

I had same problem, the only thing I can figure is the gen 1 had slightly larger gas port than gen 2. Honestly, I have been running 115 and 124 with a lot of success.
We want to run them like our pistols, for what reason? Especially if we are running longer barrels and muzzle brakes. 147gr in the MPX is not needed. We are not tricking out the springs yet! With the Lantac MB like our open gun brakes, operate better with hotter loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I shoot 147s from extreme in mine with no issues. Both reloads and the freedom stuff. It runs just fine in mine. I use a can too with it

You have a Gen 1, they are capable due to the gas port of shooting the 147gr. The Gen 2 guns not so much.
I know guys who are using American Eagle 147gr. and +P ammos, with success. The funny part is the velocities they are running are closer to standard 115/124gr velocities. Again at that point what is the advantage!?!

I've got a Gen 2 that I am running 147 SNS molys on top of just 2.8 of E3 at 1.145.  No problems at all but I do run the bolt pretty wet and clean the piston assembly every 500-700 rounds.  

I am honestly ignorant to the PF game. What is E3? Every thing else I vaguely understand. What I do understand is the physics at play. What is your Muzzle velocity with that load?

56 minutes ago, Rangerdug said:

I am honestly ignorant to the PF game. What is E3? Every thing else I vaguely understand. What I do understand is the physics at play. What is your Muzzle velocity with that load?

915 to 920 fps.  The physics are also more than just VxM.  The burn rate of the powder can have a significant impact and can not be calculated well into a formula.  A 125 projectile traveling at X speed with VV N105 will feel stunningly different than the same projectile and velocity with VV N310.  It becomes more of an art and preference than science.  Hi Eric!  It is funny the E3 is used so much by SG shooters as it is actually a fairly quick burning powder.  Burn charts vary but it seems to fall between N310 and N320.  I've actually found it to be one of my favorite 9mm minor poweders in everything from 121s (which I love) up to 160s although it burns cleaner and slightly better accuracy if I can keep the charge weight above 3.0 grains.    

37 minutes ago, alma said:

Anyone wanting to try out the Lantac I will sell you mine for $100 shipped. It looks awesome but I felt it performed better with the flash hider. Different powder might change that. 

Always sorta wondered about that.  I never saw much benefit in a SC minor gun with a comp but those were under 130pf.  I saw better results with ported barrels and wonder if it would apply to carbines.   Maybe not.......  I'll let somebody else be on the bleeding edge of technology on that question.  

20 hours ago, Rangerdug said:

I had same problem, the only thing I can figure is the gen 1 had slightly larger gas port than gen 2. Honestly, I have been running 115 and 124 with a lot of success.
We want to run them like our pistols, for what reason? Especially if we are running longer barrels and muzzle brakes. 147gr in the MPX is not needed. We are not tricking out the springs yet! With the Lantac MB like our open gun brakes, operate better with hotter loads.

I did end up running lighter loads which have functioned perfectly but still no freedom munitions.  In fact when I called Sig Sauer they said they don't run so apparently I'm not the only person who had that issue.

Not the only one, no. I think the Gen II went with the reduced gas port to be more suppressor friendly. You can send it off to someone else to have the gas port enlarged if you want to run lighter loads like you can with the Gen 1s. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Springer Precision has released its MPX magwell. It's aluminum, nicely anodized, and only $60. He designed it to be streamlined: adding funnel only where useful as the MPX already has a nice big funnel on the front. That is also supposed to help you reload a bit more naturally since you don't have that massive funnel getting in the way. 

http://shop.springerprecision.com/product.sc?productId=444&categoryId=57