Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EG Extreme grips install Stock III

ChiefG

Any tricks how to install these? Grip holes doesn't align with the frame hole. I'm having difficulty installing the grip screws. I don't want to strip the thread on the frame so I decided to stop and ask here first. I followed Instructions on LRA site but still couldn't do it. Any inputs will be greatly appreciated!

ETA: Important note for installation: The Xtreme grips have been produced to tight tolerances to ensure the fit to the frame is tight with no movement. When installing the grip screw follow these instructions. Insert the grip and apply pressure on the grip on and upward 45 degree angle to pressure the grip into the frame. Insert the screw into the grip and line it up with the frame at a 90 degree angle before attempting to screw it in. The fit will be very snug against the grips to minimize movement. Only when the screw is going straight in and NOT on an angle slowly install the screw until it is flush with the grips. Do not attempt to install the screw if it is not at the correct 90 degree angle otherwise cross threading may occur.

Edited by ChiefG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I never had to open the holes and I've put quite a few pairs on and off. Just is finicky sometimes but I found the EG torx screws were always the easiest but also easy to strip. The factory screws that come with wood grips were always a bigger pain.