Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer Precision Basepads

WJM

I was able to get my hands on some Tanfoglio Large Frame basepads for my Stock 2's and after dry firing with them for a few hours, and shooting with them in a match, all I can say is wow.

I have used a few different kinds of basepads, and these are without a doubt the best ones I have tried. They are heavier than the Henning basepads, and they are also easier to come off and clean my mags (both the EG and Henning have a allen wrench that is a PITA and strips too easily).

My favorite feature is that they can't be overinserted like the EG or Henning. I had issues while doing slide lock reloads where it would become overinserted with the EG and Henning, and it would cause a death jam of sorts.

Plus, the most important thing about them, they are almost half the price of the other ones. Even the BSPS base pads which are very similar are $25, and the Springer's are $15.

6C74CAE5-A11E-4BDF-A424-3F3FAC91268C_zps

85FC5223-E4FE-42B1-929E-662927ED3B98_zps

242AE760-DA2D-4505-9871-8500C9416FC9_zps

C0C23940-7749-4CE6-A786-796039E9483B_zps

Thanks,

WJM

My Springers just arrived. The large frame Stock II will fit the box with them as well, correct? (Nervous) My understanding has been that the difference between the LF and SF Stock II is internal mag well dimensions and the like (Still nervous).

Please update. I'm also considering it . Their website indicates that the springers are 1.3 oz.

I have two full sets now for my M&P's, make a big difference not having to deal with that big rounded unnecessary lip protruding from the front of the base pad! For a couple bucks more Scott will engrave mag #'s and name and come in multi colors.... Basically they rock!

Will these fit Stock III mags? Or do you have to use the CZ Springer pads. Thanks for the write up.

Stock 3 mags are the same mags you would use for a 2, no difference.
I thought one was small frame and the other large?

The CZ pads work for the small frame mags. You'll need the new witness large frame pads if you have a large frame stock II or III.

For the small frames, I found the CZ 16 round mag basepads worked the best. That's what I used on my mags at nationals for the box. It just fits with about a centimeter of room at the top and bottom, but it fits. :)

Will these fit Stock III mags? Or do you have to use the CZ Springer pads. Thanks for the write up.

Stock 3 mags are the same mags you would use for a 2, no difference.
I thought one was small frame and the other large?

The CZ pads work for the small frame mags. You'll need the new witness large frame pads if you have a large frame stock II or III.

For the small frames, I found the CZ 16 round mag basepads worked the best. That's what I used on my mags at nationals for the box. It just fits with about a centimeter of room at the top and bottom, but it fits. :)

Are all three of those CZ basepads the same cut? IE could I use the "18 round factory" pad on a 17 round Mec-gar?

71a362e535d1cf14032aade49b638f8a.jpg

7c4c024386c99ff422ebe52912f9f7ec.jpg

Visual difference between mecgar 17 basepad on left, 16 rounder on the right.4d457add60d5f364de8d35d77c0f5d38.jpg

Rough measurement of cut depth on 16 rd basepad.

23c83259ad18b95f50f2467d1fa1b5da.jpg

Rough measurement for mecgar 17 basepad.

Visual difference mounted on a plated cz mag and a small frame tanfo mag.

7b0449e6602aaa00214810858f3638e3.jpg

4c1bb35541a6803cc3411b4ed81af8a2.jpg

The 18s are even deeper. Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

It's a bit of a grey area for ipsc. Pads are legal as long as they don't 'add significant weight over the standard pads'. No one really know what 'significant' means. The extreme pads are legal as are the shockbottle pads. The springers 'should' be legal as long as they are not too big/heavy.

Weight comparison:

ShockBottle .8oz

Springer 1.2oz

If you're looking for pics I'll try to post some later. I'm using ShockBottles for start mags and Springer for the rest.

Do they not come as far forward as the shock bottle ones? In the pics above it looks like I can still see the front of the mag well even with the mag inserted.