Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

drifting sight

biglou13

CZ Custom has a sight pusher. Get one, it's money well spent

Yes, great for CZ's

If you have other pistols, the p500 universal is worth it's weight in gold, you can go in on one of those with your buddies.

Much more tedious to set up for a single gun though.

Edited by Ruber

Are you guys using the p500 or the p500 pro? Can probably justify the expense of the p500... but the pro is getting a little rich for my blood.

I just have the regular P500.

I've used it on Glocks and CZs and haven't needed the top clamp that the Pro adds. I could see that helping on a Sig 320 or a P09 though.

I needed the top clamp on Hi Powers, but not for S&W's, CZ's or any 1911's I've tried.

not going to lie, read that as Hi POINT the first time through, and said to myself that *that* would never be an issue for me. :roflol:

I practiced and now dont use pushers any more. I want to feel the sight with a punch in a vice so that I know I properly fitted it. A pusher just shoves it in there and I cant feel it move.

Look up Dawson Precision on youtube and he has great vids on fitting dovetail sights. Simply drifting your rear sight is going to be simple but the video will explain a lot.

Edited by brian45acp

wooden dowel, hammer, tape, vise.

My transitional Pre B took a steel punch, 2# hammer, tape, vise, a ton of force, and a lot of cuss words. I don't know what the hell they installed those sights with back in the day, but it was ridiculous.

Edited by tha1000

Removing tight sights using pusher worries me that damage will occur to rails of the slide. I haven't had an issue getting a perfect centered sight using punch and vice. Good luck measuring a rear sight for center anyway. I tried everything and cz doesn't have a flat parallel area on the slide to use as a reference. I typically put a flat panel along the side of the slide to measure from that flat to the rear notch but it won't work on a cz so I eyeball it and it's dead on.

Edited by brian45acp

Removing tight sights using pusher worries me that damage will occur to rails of the slide. I haven't had an issue getting a perfect centered sight using punch and vice. Good luck measuring a rear sight for center anyway. I tried everything and cz doesn't have a flat parallel area on the slide to use as a reference. I typically put a flat panel along the side of the slide to measure from that flat to the rear notch but it won't work on a cz so I eyeball it and it's dead on.

If you watch Dawsons rear site installation video, he lowers the slide down further into the vice, then measures the space created between each side of the vice, or "the parallel wall" you might referring to, and the rear sight. It's one of those things that's pretty creative, yet nothing more than common sense. He's not using a CZ in the video, but his method should work just as well.

i want to drift my rear sight a bit.

looking for a tutorial/help/suggestions?

Here is a very good video on sight installation. Yes, it is Glock specific, but the basic principles still apply.

Having installed some sights with a punch and vice, I purchased a sight mover from MGW. Unfortunately it is Glock specific. While it was money well spent, I would suggest purchasing a more universal model. That way you can install/adjust rear sights on more than one brand of pistol.

i want to drift my rear sight a bit.

looking for a tutorial/help/suggestions?

Here is a very good video on sight installation. Yes, it is Glock specific, but the basic principles still apply.

https://youtu.be/4maCQhEIjoA

Having installed some sights with a punch and vice, I purchased a sight mover from MGW. Unfortunately it is Glock specific. While it was money well spent, I would suggest purchasing a more universal model. That way you can install/adjust rear sights on more than one brand of pistol.

I am going the vice/punch route, but I called MGW out of curiosity. I spoke with George(?), and he told me that he could have slide specific shoes made for the universal model for free. Not sure if you'd have to order the Sight pusher directly through them or not though.

I have a p 500. It is a very useful tool. I've never needed to use it on any of my CZs. A punch, vice and hammer have always worked fine. But I have had to use it on other handguns where I couldn't get the sights to move using the punch method including on a dan wesson eco and an H & K VP9 among others.