Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Limited Nationals - Squadding

JupiterAdam

I'd like to know too! To quote the e-mail with the PIN "Competitors will compete on either an AM-PM-AM or PM-AM-PM schedule. The squad schedule will be available at this time as well, to aid you in choosing."

Unfortunately, that's about par for the course on communication for this Nationals. :(

-Steve

I was waitlisted, got a slot, but not on the list. If there are 36 x 12 per squad, that's 432. I guess they are splitting it in half since 221 were given the chance up front. Bummer because my club squad is full.

Funny how none of this was communicated.

Edited by awfaxis

Me too. In the match, but not available in squadding. I'm assuming the am-pm-am thing would be indicated by the the first day's start for the squad. Be nice if that was clearer.

Anyway, not being on the squadding list is really somebody screwing up, nothing less. Ya missed a few hundred folks? Huh?

Me too, I'm in squad 10, but wanted to shoot pm, am, pm, cause I'm staying in Orlando and didn't want to have two very early drives, hope this gets corrected and I can still change if I have too.

Squad matrix is here http://uspsa.org/document_library/2015/Squad%20Matrix%202015%20B2B%20National.pdf

NOTICE: Squadding is open for Earned Slots ONLY at this time. Squadding for Wait List slots will open Aug 7th, 2015. If you don't see your name listed and you received a slot from the wait list, please DO NOT contact the office.

Your name will appear on the list starting Aug 7th, 2015.

If you received an earned slot and do not show on this list, please contact us at slots@uspsa.org and we'll look into it and get back to you.

You can find the squad schedules above

Competitors will compete on either an AM-PM-AM or PM-AM-PM schedule. Squads 1 -18 are AM/PM/AM and squads 19-36 are PM/AM/PM.

As you can imagine, the office is quite busy fielding calls and email, so we thank you for your cooperation during this very busy time!

Edited by BritinUSA

Notices

NOTICE: Squadding is open for Earned Slots ONLY at this time. Squadding for Wait List slots will open Aug 7th, 2015. If you don't see your name listed and you received a slot from the wait list, please DO NOT contact the office. Your name will appear on the list starting Aug 7th, 2015.

If you received an earned slot and do not show on this list, please contact us at slots@uspsa.org and we'll look into it and get back to you.

You can find the squad schedules here. Competitors will compete on either an AM-PM-AM or PM-AM-PM schedule. Squads 1 -18 are AM/PM/AM and squads 19-36 are PM/AM/PM.

As you can imagine, the office is quite busy fielding calls and email, so we thank you for your cooperation during this very busy time!

Would have been great to know ANY of this yesterday, or any time before the system went live today. Second class shooters because we did not earn a slot. Pay more and get treated like dirt. Can't imagine why shooters are leaving USPSA

Does anyone have an idea what time the waitlist spots will be posted. Or do I need to keep hitting refresh every 3 seconds like a squirrel on crack?

This is posted on the Self Squadding page as of last night.

NOTICE: Squadding is open for Earned Slots ONLY at this time. Squadding for Wait List slots will open Aug 7th, 2015. If you don't see your name listed and you received a slot from the wait list, please DO NOT contact the office. Your name will appear on the list starting Aug 7th, 2015.

This was in todays email from USPSA (Aug 7th)

Self-squadding for the 2015 Handgun Nationals will open at noon PDT on Thursday, Aug. 6. Only the members who were awarded and turned in a slot application will be able to squad. For Members who have paid their $285 on the waitlist, slots have been mailed out this week and they will be able to squad once we receive their slot and get you registered.

No wonder why we do not know what is going on? Of the four running for President did any of them say they would improve communication with the lowly average shooter?

Edited by Shooter ready

What? They have my money. They have all of my information. They have confirmed that I am registered in the match. Now they are sending a piece of paper, and when I put all the information (that they already have) on that piece of paper and send it back to them they will allow me to squad.

There is something desperately wrong here. It is beyond the fact that nothing, NOTHING is being communicated to the competitors paying for all of this.

The very process is either broken, or not being processed correctly.

This is posted on the Self Squadding page as of last night.

This was in todays email from USPSA (Aug 7th)

Self-squadding for the 2015 Handgun Nationals will open at noon PDT on Thursday, Aug. 6. Only the members who were awarded and turned in a slot application will be able to squad. For Members who have paid their $285 on the waitlist, slots have been mailed out this week and they will be able to squad once we receive their slot and get you registered.[/size]

Apparently, this info from today is just wrong. I was emailed a squadding pin and it worked. Sounds like one hand may not know what the other is doing.

Edited by TaterHead

Does anyone know what the round count is going to be?

Thanks

This was posted back in June. Don't know if it has changed
USPSA - Announcements

Handgun Nationals Information

Some information for those shooting Handgun Nationals:

The match will be shot in a ½ day format over three days (AM, PM, AM or PM, AM, PM) in 36 squads of 12. Round count is approximately 465.

Edited by Shooter ready