Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new DVC OPEN 9MM finally arrived

cecil

Got my new DVC 9mm open yesterday... went to the range to check it out... shot about 80 rounds of 6.7gr AutoComp 124gr PD HP - 1.16 COL bullets...using a 170mm mag.. without a hiccup.. then I got jam... empty brass got hung up under the scope mount.. lubed the gun & changed to 140mm mag... then shot about 50 more rounds without any jams... so far I like the pistol.. love the grip not too aggressive to be uncomfortable .. will shoot it again this Saturday in a steel match ..

Finally got around to posting pictures of my new STI DVC 9mm Open

post-43039-0-20860200-1438989485_thumb.j

post-43039-0-86300100-1438989514_thumb.j

Edited by cecil

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you keep having an intermittent problem with the empty cases getting stuck like you mentioned with ONLY the big stick it could very well be there is not enough tension on the extractor. the spring pressure forcing the rounds up between a 140 mag and a 170 mag are different and an extractor with just not enough tension will work fine with a 140 mag but NOT with a 170 mag.

good luck

If I got a jam in a gun like that in the first 100 rounds I'd sell it immediately - for half price - to me :) thanks for sharing though, one day soon hoping to own one like that! Report back on the progress with your loads/reliability.

Nope no Tin coated mags came with my DVC.. I sent the mags off to get them coated... while waiting for the gun.... will shoot it tomorrow in a steel match.... will report how it goes...

Op- what power factor are you getting with your load of 6.7 autocomp?

I suspect it is Medium... not quite Major, but definitely not Minor. :)

Sounds low, for sure. 7.0 is about the minimum that people use. But I am willing to get surprised.

Sounds low, for sure. 7.0 is about the minimum that people use. But I am willing to get surprised.

That's what I was thinking to.

Tagging this for future updates.

I have had my 9mm Open DVC for a while now and only have about 500rds through the gun due to work and a hand injury.

Mine has been flawless with major PF ammo, but I am still chasing the right load and spring combination, as I still think there is too much gun movement.

This is my first Open gun, and I am not sure what to expect in regards to making a comp work effectively.

I have also changed out the cmore mount to a Cheely sideways mount, dot just to high over the bore for me.

That's what I was thinking to.

I've heard of some shooters getting major PF with 6.7 grains (I was at 6.8 with my TruBor). :cheers:

Yes... the 6.7 gr of AutoComp 124gr PD HP .. it is MAJOR - 168 PF - last chrono shot my DVC again today (sat) had only one jam out of 148 shots.. brass did not eject... was under the scope mount... cleared it without having to remove the mag... re-lubed the gun - no more jams....used brand new STI 140mm mags ... sure liking this gun .. :bow:

Edited by cecil

• 2 months later...

Got my new DVC 9mm open yesterday... went to the range to check it out... shot about 80 rounds of 6.7gr AutoComp 124gr PD HP - 1.16 COL bullets...using a 170mm mag.. without a hiccup.. then I got jam... empty brass got hung up under the scope mount.. lubed the gun & changed to 140mm mag... then shot about 50 more rounds without any jams... so far I like the pistol.. love the grip not too aggressive to be uncomfortable .. will shoot it again this Saturday in a steel match ..

Finally got around to posting pictures of my new STI DVC 9mm Open

What is the status of your gun? I just got mine last Monday, went to the indoor range on Friday and fired about 200 rounds. Had some brass catch during the cycle, figure its bouncing off the c-more mount. I was running it very wet. Fired another 200 rounds on sunday and sighted the dot for 33 feet, loading my 9mm to 1.170 with 7.7grs of Longshot. I had a few more pieces of brass catch while the new bullet was loading. One looked like a stove pipe but the other bullet was already partially in the chamber. The times that it does catch the brass is when I am doing a rapid double tap.

Curious how ours is performing.