Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleaning a 10yd Plate Rack

Moltke

I timed myself, going from surrender, a couple days ago. Fastest perfect run was 2.66 seconds, but I couldn't hit all six consistently going that fast, those were around 3-3.1sec. That's six shots, six hits, no followup shots, using a basic iron sighted 1911.

• 2 weeks later...

Crap I was just talking with someone on FB about this like a month ago and now I can't remember my times..... grrr. I know it wasn't as fast as his. I wanna say from hands at sides, Prod set up, it was around 2.5 for a lucky run and around 2.9 or 3 flat for something repeatable.

Personal best was 3.00 with a 1.30 draw to first shot. I was averaging around 3.3 seconds that day for clean runs. My goal was 2.5 seconds, but I never got close.

This was a production setup, hands relaxed at sides. I was focused on where my front sight was going to be so I could get a hard focus on it as soon as it was available.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

3.30 with .40 minor in a 6" 2011 hands at sides. It was about 15 degrees when we started shooting that morning. I know I can do better, but I'm happy with that for now.

Edited by SSGJohnV

• 3 months later...

Timed this today with my ESP gun, a SAO CZ Shadow. After warming up I got a 4.22, 4.20, 4.22, and 4.25. Probably can't go any faster than that without missing one or two plates.

Edited by Alaskan454

• 2 weeks later...