Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 43 Sight Preference?

Gunsby_Blazen

I have been going back and forth on sights for this G43 that I have. I don’t really have the money to try various sights and have been reading up on a few different models/brands for a while.
I have been reading up on Trijicon HD, Ameriglo (various models), Dawson Precision, Warren Tactical/Sevigny, Heinie, Glock brand tritium sights, and so forth. Ameriglo seems to have fit and finish issues, at least with current models that i have seen; they dont look to be machined very cleanly as well as their finish seems subpar. I have seen good sets of Ameriglo as well though. Something about Truglo puts me off, not the sights but the company. The TFO/TFX sights are also too busy for me, I wish they didn’t have fiber optic pipes on the rear and just had tritium back there. I keep going back to looking at the HD set but i am nervous about POA/POI issues as well as a lack of general accuracy regarding sight design.

So, G43 owners, what aftermarket sights do you have and what do you have to say about them?

Edited by Gunsby_Blazen

I put 10-8 Performance sights on my G43. Plain rear and tritium front.

They're low profile but have a nice sight picture. The Trijicon HD and Sevigny seemed too tall from pictures I saw. I also prefer a plain no-tritium rear so that made the 10-8 an easy choice.

80013ea6fc00db595b8f33eda47ad021.jpg

G19 with Warren-Sevigny Sights on top for reference.

Dawson Precision, I have had zero issues with mine on my 43. I have a FO front and rear black. They shoot point of aim, point of impact. I've only shot my 43 up to 25m.

Dawson Precision, I have had zero issues with mine on my 43. I have a FO front and rear black. They shoot point of aim, point of impact. I've only shot my 43 up to 25m.

you had zero problems with the Dawson sights?

Or the Dawson sights solved your zero problems?

Or, you had no issues at all with the Dawson sights?

HAHAHA! i hope you meant the last one.

I have been eyeballing the dawson sights, tritium, and they look to have clean and crisp edges.

The reason i am looking at the Dawson sights is because i was conserned about poa/poi with the Trijicon HD because i heard a few rumors about them printing extremely high. Another feller on another forum said that he has to shoot them with that silly six-o-clock hold. I also really dont like covering up the target with the front sight post. I like a traditioanl sight picture.

Edited by Gunsby_Blazen

I normally run a 10-8 rear sight and a tritium or fiber optic front on my carry guns, but I ordered a set of Trijicon HD's for my 43. I tried some out on a friends glock and a sig 320 and the sights seem really interesting for a carry platform. That orange front post really jumps out at you! Hopefully mine will be here in the next 3 weeks and I can put up some pictures.

I never installed tritium sights and i dont have a pusher.
I have a plastic punch i got from brownells a few years back that i use for drifting most of my iron sights but i have never had to adjust tritium sights yet. I dont want to do something to mess up the lamps when tapping it in.

If i was going the Dawson route, should i send my gun in to them or should i do it myself? I watched one of their videos and i am confident i could do it myself but at the same time they look like they do top notch work. My local gun shop instals sights but i am not sure they will fit the sight to the slide and may just push/force it in. I like things done the right way.

what do you think?

i think i am going to try to do it myself after watching his videos on the youtube.
again, i dont have a pusher, do you think using a delrin punch can bust tritium vials.

i called up my local shops and they just use a pusher to push the sights in and dont really fit the sights to the dovetails. I like things done the right way and know i can do it on my own except i dont want to bust the tritium tubes as i install the sights. (i am going to go for rear tritium as well, my carry revolver has tritium in the front and black rear and i would prefer it to be all glowy in the back as well. My brother has a 3 dot tritium setup and i prefer it.)

seems i got some thinking to do.
If you guys have any advice on tritium sight installation then i would appreciate hearing it.

thanks again,
GB

I have a sight pusher I bought since I have a whole family of Glocks....but I have not seen any issues with others I know using a punch for installation. Just make sure if it is super tight, file SLIGHTLY to fit.....makes installation easier.

I pulled some Trijicon HDs I liked a lot off another gun and put them on my G43. That being said, if I were buying sights, I would get a Dawson Night sight front and a plain blk rear sight.

I have Trijicon HDs on my Glock 19 and love them. Sorry in advance for a stupid question, but can the HDs from my 19 fit a 43?

I pulled some Trijicon HDs I liked a lot off another gun and put them on my G43. That being said, if I were buying sights, I would get a Dawson Night sight front and a plain blk rear sight.

I have Trijicon HDs on my Glock 19 and love them. Sorry in advance for a stupid question, but can the HDs from my 19 fit a 43?

i would think they would be too wide to fit the 43. Also the 43 uses a taller rear sight than other 9mm glocks, if i am not mistaken (long bar over short bar)

i think it (43) uses the same height rear sight as the long slide 9mm.... from the factory....

Edited by Gunsby_Blazen

i almost placed an order for the Dawson sights (tritium rear and front) but the rear notch and the front sight are both .125 and that combined with the short sight radius of the 43 seems to be too narrow of a rear sight.
Now i feel like i am back to squire one.

i am probably making all of this more complicated than it needs to be.

i would think they would be too wide to fit the 43. Also the 43 uses a taller rear sight than other 9mm glocks, if i am not mistaken (long bar over short bar)

i think it (43) uses the same height rear sight as the long slide 9mm.... from the factory....

The factory 43 sights are .160 in the front and .165 in the rear. I think the factories for the long slides are a little taller.

I was informed by the folks at Sevigny Performance the sights for the G17 and G19 will work on the G43. Once they developed sights for the G43 the ones for the G17 and G19 were the same. This is in regards to the Warren Tactical and Sevigny sights.

Heinie sights? (straight eight)
i hear a lot of good things about them....
any experiences with them? They have a wider rear sight and i think that might be a good thing for this application. Is the 2 dot style sights ok to deal with?

(the only sights that i have had hands on experience with are factory sights, Meprolight, and the regular Trijicon. Oh, and some hi-viz brand sights that i didnt care for and put standard black iron sights on instead...(various handguns)

by the way, i really like those Vickers Glock sights but they dont make any for the 43. If anyone was intersted in those. They are crisp and have a good definition. I like how the rear sight is serrated but also has this non-serrated flat black/matte half circle around the u-notch. It really draws your eye to the center of the rear sight so that you can focus on the front. To be honest, i hated it at first but started to really like it the more i shot it. The rear notch is fairly wide and the front tritium post (no white dot) is .125 width (i think) so its nice and thin for a tritium sight. They are on the tall side as sights go. I figured that i would pass this along in case anyone was looking for compact or full size Glock sights for another gun.

Well, i e-mailed Wilson Combat about the Vickers sight and they will be coming out with one in a couple months. I reckon i will wait and see what they look like before i pull the trigger on swapping out my sights. The Vickers sights are like the Heinie but have a half circle notch instead of a square. Aside from that, they are like the Straight Eight sights.
I like the Vickers sights on the G19 so i am going to wait and see how these go. I just wish the Tritium vials were brighter on the Vickers sights. They are small vials so that might have something to do with it. I appropriate how think the front sight post is. It is the same thickness as the Dawson, .125

Thats all that i got for now
I will post a write-up of whatever sights i get for it in this thread later on after i get them installed.

Thanks for your help, fellas!

Heinie sights? (straight eight)

i hear a lot of good things about them....

any experiences with them? They have a wider rear sight and i think that might be a good thing for this application. Is the 2 dot style sights ok to deal with?

My Agency is transitioning to Glock 17's & 19's in the next year or so. With that said, our Firearms Instructors have also been trying out the Heinie straight eight sights and Vickers magazine floor plates. They like both. I've tried the Heinie's myself (on our Instructors weapon) and I have to say that I like them. Quicker to line up on fast shots, easy to acquire, and easy to see in low light or bright light. I'll probably eventually get a set for my practice weapon...

• 6 months later...

Dawson is the only place that makes sense.. You pay 78.95 for Glock sights and thats all you pay.

If your gun doesnt Zero they just give you another front sight for Free.

With anybody else, they just say "oh yeah it sounds like you need this height" Yeah ? And ? Oh that will

be another 40 bucks for a front sight to make your gun Zero.. So now you pay another 39 dollars plus shipping

for a front sight.. Dawson all the way for me..

Well, i have had the Wilson Combat sights for a while. The figure-8 type sights like on Heinie were something that I couldn't get used to. I liked the Wilson Combats on the G19 and the set that i have on the 43 are great. The edges are sharp but that does not bother me; they will want to snag clothing if you let them. I never had them scratch my side or snag my clothing on a draw.
I have been shooting it for a few months and they are not even comparable to the factory plastic sights. The Wilson Combat sights have orange tritium in the rear and a bright green tritium lamp in the front. They work very well in low light and have used them for some dusk drills in the woods. They work like any tritium setup should. All three dots line up and the elevation is dead on whether you can see the the clear sight outline in the daylight or just the dots at early morning/dusk. I have noticed that tritium vials dont line up perfectly on some sights but these are perfectly level.

The have sharp edges and offer good and clean definition looking down at the front sight post. They are serrated and i haven't had any problem with glare. I opted for these over the orange paint type front sights with the tritium such as the Trijicon HD and the Ameriglo alternative because they made the front sight much too wide. These Vickers/Wilson Combat seem more precises to me. Machining and finish were as they should be (better than the Ameriglo) They are top tier sights like the Dawson and Heinie.
They are just about everything i wanted in a CCW sight. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Nice, crisp sights. There is no point of impact shift from the factory sights. My groups did get tighter but i am not sure if that has to do with the cleaner definition of the sight picture or my subconscious appreciation of the new sights. (yeah, i like them that much)

The Rear sight is partially serrated and has this half doughnut non-serrated machined area around the rear notch. The rear notch is not square and is a half circle/U shape. I really like this but i am not sure if it is any "faster" than a regular square notch. Its supposed to draw your eye up to where you subconsciously focus on the top edge of the front sight but i don't know if this is true. I tell ya what, i prefer the U notch in the back. It does seem to help me center the front sight post a little better than the conventional sight.

For folks that care, they have a ledge that you can hook on to your belt and boot heel. This functions very well as i tried it out a few times. Its not something that i work into my drills but probably should.
I did drift the rear sight slightly to the right, just a hair to correct my windage. You cant even notice that i did this unless you really look at it hard. I still shoot a little off but its not by much. I just use some Kentucky windage. I know why i do this and it has nothing to do with the gun, its my finger and how the trigger breaks. My brother shoots it dead on...

ONE MORE THING
i did install the Taran connector and that thing really made my trigger feel better. I usually like leaving defensive guns stock but i decided to give in and put the bar in. It greatly improved the trigger pull. The trigger still feels like a Glock and still retains that wall before the break. it is not any more mushy than a factory Glock, simply lighter. I am able to hold it on target much more consistently.
I am still not a huge fan of the Glock trigger but this made it tolerable for me. I can almost shoot the 43 as well as a 19 now. All Glocks shoot to the left a slight bit for me. The Taran connector made it better but i still need a bunch of practice to get consistent. Some days i shoot it outstandingly well and others not so much.

If anyone has anything they want to ask, shoot me a holler.
I had mine professionally installed (not going to do that again) and he scratched the rear sight a tad bit. I drifted mine with a soft wooden dowel.
At least he didnt scratch my gun.... (i did that on my own just carrying it. HAHAHA)