Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Using coated bullets in a Comp'd gun

selecw

I have a thousand Bayou 9mm 135gr bullets I'm not using for anything else and would like feedback on how well they are likely to work in a 9mm major Comp'd gun.

I have used them a lot in Limited minor and they work really well. The coating doesn't come off and the barrel shows no leading.

Thanks!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The bullets work as I I am running the 115s in mine and have been for a while. The 135s wouldn't be great as they are almost too heavy to get enough powder to work well. After shooting a ton of them my comp is a little dirtier but it cleans up easy

I tested the old formula 135 Bayou's and there was too much smoke for my liking. I want to try the newer formula sometime soon but haven't got around to it. Has anyone did any sort of hardness testing with the last batch of coated bullets? I have some ACME that I will load up soon and run them through my Open gun to see they do.

Also, the 135 are a tad heavy also but they will work fine. I heard somewhere that Kay is using those and she does pretty well. What powder are you using?

This is good to hear. I have used Blue Bullets in everything but Open so far and have been pleased with the result.

I ordered some of the 115s today to a trial in 9mm major.

I run the 125 gr blue bullets in my 38 super and 9 major with no problems too.

I have shot lots of 124 Bayou's in my open and they shot great and clean too.

Great to hear. I've been using the bayou bullets for everything but 9 major and I'm running low on Montana golds. Looks like i'm switching

Blue bullets in my 9 major with Auto Comp at 170 PF

Just starting testing with HS-6 today good accuracy but I started low and my Pf was only 156 so gotta go higher

Not problem with the coating

The blue bullet seems a little cleaner than BBI, SnS or Bayou = i.e all HyTek Coating

Anyone have any videos shooting 9Major with coated bullets. Last few I tried smoked quite a bit and would like to see some newer/different loads to see if it's any better. Preferably using HS6. Thanks!

I like the way Blue Bullets shoot. However, the coating rubs off on your fingers during reloading - which is a real PITA. That's why I switched to Bayou...
Edited by selecw