Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P16.40 Pro Custom Magazine Questions

Flash74

I ended up replacing the mag release,using one from canyon creek and it has worked great from the get go and Sti mags. This is in a 9mm. The Para Pro Custom is a great gun and I have really enjoy shooting it. To bad Para/ Remington has drop the ball on them. Anyone looking for two factory 9mm mags send me a private message.

Since I started this thread I have acquired 8 SPS magazines. IMO this is the best approach to acquire competition magazines. Buy a $52 SPS magazine, add a $32 TTI basepad and you have a 20rd (40) or 23rd (9mm) reloadable magazine with a tool less base pad for around $85 total. It is pretty hard to match. If you have stock magazines, by all means get the Dawson basepads and an extended spring. I chose to keep my stock mags stock for the short, quick reload stages.

Hello Flash, what are the TTI you are referring to?

• 2 weeks later...

So, am I to understand that my 140mm SPS mags, with the (factory) black plastic basepads, are not USPSA legal?

Yeah ... my two 40 cal - 140mm SPS mags with the little wedgie plastic basepads (that came on them) were too long for the gauge.

edit: add photos ... with wedgie and with grams ...

post-61067-0-13276200-1454245194_thumb.j post-61067-0-34283900-1454245219_thumb.j

Edited by pete627

• 5 months later...

These will work in the Pro Custom 16.40with Dawson Extensions

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=160&products_id=1612

Will they fit the 140mm Gauge?

They should, I don't have a gauge, but I have been using 2 magazines like this and they are just the same length as my MBX 141.25mm magazine, possibly .5mm shorter even. I had to file the mag catch slot a bit, but otherwise they work great.

These will work in the Pro Custom 16.40with Dawson Extensions

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=160&products_id=1612

Will they fit the 140mm Gauge?

They should, I don't have a gauge, but I have been using 2 magazines like this and they are just the same length as my MBX 141.25mm magazine, possibly .5mm shorter even. I had to file the mag catch slot a bit, but otherwise they work great.

Thanks. Reason I ask is that the included Pro Custom mags with Dawson Bases are 1.5 mm over, coming in around 143 mm.

I am very pleased to announce that the ACT mags listed here:

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/actmag-para-p14-p16-ria-1911-a2-c-160/para-p16-rock-island-armory-1911-a2-40-sw-10mm-16-rd-p16b4016-p-1612.html

in addition to Dawson toolless base pads and Arredondo followers will give you a 20 rd USPSA Limited legal magazine coming in at 139.5mm for $72.69 shipped, with the price for each additional mag dropping since the shipping is flat 6.95.

After installation of a Guncraft mag release, the mags needed no modifications whatsoever.

• 7 months later...