Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 .355 or .356?

If you haven' you might want to slug your barrel and measure. Or, maybe you can get a hundred or so to try. A good deal is only a good deal if they work for you. If the the diameter is too small you may get tumbling and possibly barrel leading issues. I have a 9mm tanfo (not a stock II, but a longslide conversion top) and it wants to see .356 or larger bullets otherwise I get lead buildup and lousy accuracy.

Edited by Bamboo

• 1 year later...

Anyone have experience comparing Blue bullets at .355 against one of the more common HiTek coated offerings in .356?

I have had good results using Xtreme plated .355 since new but am now interested in the benefits of coated. 

16 hours ago, NWfront said:

Anyone have experience comparing Blue bullets at .355 against one of the more common HiTek coated offerings in .356?

I have had good results using Xtreme plated .355 since new but am now interested in the benefits of coated. 

The last time I loaded up 124g Blue Bullets, I measured them to be .357 and worked just fine with all of my 9mm when loaded short.

• 2 weeks later...

30 minutes ago, Fantom919 said:

Anyone else able to measure blue bullets? Was thinking of trying them and moving from Bayou.

I just received some sample packs in 125RN (.595 X .355) & 135TC (.650 X .355).  The diameter looks to be consistent. 

On 7/8/2015 at 7:38 PM, aceinyerface said:

I have been using .356 coated, but I found a good deal on .355 coated and I am wondering what affect this kind of change might have on my load, which is avg 133 PF currently.

Buy them.  It doesn't matter.

43 minutes ago, Fantom919 said:

Anyone else able to measure blue bullets? Was thinking of trying them and moving from Bayou.

Blue bullets are awesome.  Everyone knows that. Buy them.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, NWfront said:

I just received some sample packs in 125RN (.595 X .355) & 135TC (.650 X .355).  The diameter looks to be consistent. 

So you measured them to be .355?

6 minutes ago, himurax13 said:

So you measured them to be .355?

Yes.  The lengths varied slightly but the diameter was consistent among the dozen or so I took measurements of. 

If you're using a digital caliper, the cheap ones (sub $50) often are barely accurate to  .001" ... so keep that in mind.

Unless you're measuring with a micrometer, you don't have the accuracy to distinguish .3555" from .3560". We're working at the very limit of our China Depot measuring implements.

Edited by MemphisMechanic