Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SPS 9mm mags for Para

rtl

Thought I'd just go ahead and start a new topic for these. I've run a couple matches now with mine and I like them a lot. I had one die on me today and I was cussing it for being too sensitive to sand until I got home and shook a good size stone out of it, Oh Well. The plastic baseplates need a small tool to take off (they say paper clip, think small finishing nail or punch instead) and I didn't have anything with me, fortunately the last stage didn't need more than a couple mags. I've looked at the SPS aluminum baseplates with a set screw to hold them on and I don't like them much. I think eventually I'll get TT bases, springs & followers and still be way less than some alternatives. Until then these work, they're holding up so far, I can get 22 reloadable in them, and the Para 18.9 Pro Comp is running very well with these using 115, 124, and 147 factory loads. I've dropped them into stones, mud and today mostly sand. I think they're a good alternative to much more expensive mags if you can wait for them to be delivered, mine took almost a month (others got theirs more quickly). I don't think it's worth spending the extra money for the SPS aluminum bases, best value is with the plastic ones and if you want tool-less metal bases look to TT (maybe others but I saw these on a set of SPS mags today and they fit fine and ran out of the box with TT followers & springs). YMMV

I bought them here:

http://spsshop.es/magazines-paraordsps-enduromac-c-26_38.html

RTL

Edited by rtl

Does the gun still fit the box with those magazines?

Just asking because mine (an older P18.9) does not fit the box with SVI mags :(

Sorry - I don't know for sure but I doubt it, these are the same length as my STI mags.

Curious if you had to "tune" the mags at all since they are 38 super/9 mm? The reason I ask is, I have bought 38 super/9 mm Para mags from CDNN in the past and they need to be modified in order to function properly with 9mm, they would FTF after the first 2 or 3 rounds of 9mm.

Thanks!

Curious if you had to "tune" the mags at all since they are 38 super/9 mm? The reason I ask is, I have bought 38 super/9 mm Para mags from CDNN in the past and they need to be modified in order to function properly with 9mm, they would FTF after the first 2 or 3 rounds of 9mm.

Thanks!

All I did so far is fill'm up and shoot.

I was going to ask if they worked with the factory slide stop but if they don't hold back the slide I guess that answered that question. I guess it depends on if that feature is important to you or not.

MBX and the ones for the BUL M5 don't lock back either. Don't shoot yourself dry? :-)

I forget this one once in a while.

I've never handled sps mags myself, but everything I've read about them said the metal is soft and will not hold it's dimensions long. YMMV

Thanks for the info. I was just about to order these mags.

How long did it take you to get them? And could you tell me what company shipped them? (Ups, fedex, usps)

Mine took about 3 weeks. They came in USPS. Others have gotten theirs in about 10 days.

Shipping (with tracking) was 21€

I've got an SPS 170mm Para mag that won't run with more than a dozen rounds reliably. I've changed the follower and spring out with a couple different manufacturers and had same results. Nice looking magazine, I just wish it worked.

• 1 year later...