Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's your favorite load for the cz 75 shadow

Superpipe9

Loaded up some Xtreme 165's with 2.9gr. of Titegroup today. My SP-01 Shadow seems to really like them. I also loaded up a few hundred Xtreme 147's with 3.3gr. of Titegroup. The 165's are definitely my preference of the two. I really like the feel of the heavy bullet.

I plan to order up a few recoil springs to play with now. Anyone happen to know what weight the stock Shadow spring is?

Why did you like the 165's better? Accuracy, softer recoil, etc?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loaded up some Xtreme 165's with 2.9gr. of Titegroup today. My SP-01 Shadow seems to really like them. I also loaded up a few hundred Xtreme 147's with 3.3gr. of Titegroup. The 165's are definitely my preference of the two. I really like the feel of the heavy bullet.

I plan to order up a few recoil springs to play with now. Anyone happen to know what weight the stock Shadow spring is?

Why did you like the 165's better? Accuracy, softer recoil, etc?

They were definitely softer to shoot as well as a bit more accurate of the two particular loads that I compared.

• 1 year later...

I started using the Blue Bullets 135TC over a year ago because I felt like the 135gr weight was the best felt bullet weight in my shadow and my M&P. Problem was with everyone else's 135 you had to load short for the shadow. When Blue Bullets came out with the 135TC profile I wanted to try it and I found that I can load that round out to 1.145 and it's the most accurate bullet profile I've ever shot and I can shoot it in all my guns with equal results. This bullet is amazing and I shot 20,000 of them last year and was lucky enough to be picked for the shooting team so if you guys want to try them out use code (MOSER) at checkout for a discount. 

11lb recoil spring with the 165's have worked well for me. Thinking about trying a 10lb. Everyone keeps talking about the slide moving sluggish but I get my fastest splits using the 165's and the gun barely moves. 

How is accuracy out to 20 yards?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, himurax13 said:

How is accuracy out to 20 yards?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Next time I'm at the range I'll shoot a group and measure it but last night I shot a 10 shot group at 50 yds no problem keeping them all in the A zone.

135 grain ACME bullet, 3.5 grains of Prima V loaded to 1.135 OAL

124 grain ACME bullet, 3.8 grains of Prima V loaded to 1.135 OAL

147 grain ACME bullet, 3.3 grains of Prima V loaded to 1.135 OAL

Can't make up my mind yet which one I like the best but the 135 grain bullet load is in the lead right now.

7 minutes ago, bowenbuilt said:

135 grain ACME bullet, 3.5 grains of Prima V loaded to 1.135 OAL

124 grain ACME bullet, 3.8 grains of Prima V loaded to 1.135 OAL

147 grain ACME bullet, 3.3 grains of Prima V loaded to 1.135 OAL

Can't make up my mind yet which one I like the best but the 135 grain bullet load is in the lead right now.

whats you chrono number/pf with acme 124?