Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have experience with the JPoint?

PrimaryBruce

Thinking of putting one on a CZ P-09. Anyways, how do these hold up against pistol recoil? Can't seem to find a whole lot of info out there on them and they're pretty appealing at their price point. Burris Fastfire III is appealing as well, but with all the mixed reviews I can't be completely sold on one.

Edited by bruceg

I had a slide mounted j-point on my 38 super comp for over 10 years no problem. I went to 9 major I sold it to a friend it is still going strong...I wished I still had it.

I have one on a G17, it's about 3/4 through this season.

I switched from BF lll, the J point sits lower, has the same bolt pattern( it is shorter overall length so I have a small gap at the back of my cutout.

Any reason you switched from the FF III aside from the J Point sitting lower?

I have two, from my open gun.Have worked really well for 10 years. Yes they will take recoil, at least from .38 Supercomp. I liked the RMR better, adjustable dot, etc. And switched when my slide cracked. But they are fine.

I have one on a G17, it's about 3/4 through this season.

I switched from BF lll, the J point sits lower, has the same bolt pattern( it is shorter overall length so I have a small gap at the back of my cutout.

Any reason you switched from the FF III aside from the J Point sitting lower?

The burris battery cover came loose/stripped, after about 4-5 months, I had a match coming up, J point here, and it fit the bolt pattern.

I've run the FF lll on my slide and on my AR @ 45 * for a long time, they have always worked fine

So it's sounding like the JPoint is probably the better option over the FF III? I've read a lot of good about the FF III's on other forums, but a few bad cases too. I guess in the end nothing is perfect and if you look enough, you'll find bad reviews on any of em.

Edited by bruceg

I have run J Points on 2 or 3 9mms and a couple .22s. I didn't like the dot size but other than that I liked them. I have since gone to Cmores because of the 8 min dots. J Points are excellent for running on the slide though!

Said screw it and ordered a Fastfire III. Hopefully I don't come to regret it.

Oh, also said screw it and ordered the P-09 too. Lol. Now I have to bother my brother in law to draw everything up in Gibbscam to mill the slide for it.

I don't think you will be disappointed with the FFIII. When I bought my first it came down to the JPoint or the FF. Parallax on the FF was so much less than on the JPoint it decided me. I mounted a FFIII on my 1911 slide. I've had no problems with over the years and many, many thousand rounds of Major PF and bullseye loads. I liked it so much I slide mounted a second on another 1911 and a third on an open slide. I'm about to order a fourth.

I don't think you will be disappointed with the FFIII. When I bought my first it came down to the JPoint or the FF. Parallax on the FF was so much less than on the JPoint it decided me. I mounted a FFIII on my 1911 slide. I've had no problems with over the years and many, many thousand rounds of Major PF and bullseye loads. I liked it so much I slide mounted a second on another 1911 and a third on an open slide. I'm about to order a fourth.

Nice, this makes me feel good about my purchase. :)

Got the Fastfire III in today. My initial impression is that it seems to be well made and quite nice for its price point. Honestly it feels better and more sturdy in the hand than the Deltapoint. I realize that's probably because the Deltapoint is made of magnesium which is much lighter than the steel (I guess it's steel) that the Fastfire III is made of, but still. P-09 will be getting milled for it probably over the weekend, so I'll have some pics up once that's done. Thinking about possibly doing some lightening on the slide as well since it'll already be jigged up in the CNC anyway. Probably just a top cut similar to how Glock 34's and 35's come from the factory. I'll have a local guy cerakote it after. Color suggestions? Frame will still be black. I'm kinda leaning towards one of the sand colors.

Edited by bruceg

I have had some j-points. They are so light they hold up better to the pounding than something heavier mounted on a slide.

Yeah I could see how it being lighter would help.

The slide on the P-09 will be milled for all the bosses too so it'll be very strong.