Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First DQ

BARRYJ

The stage required that you start with a loaded gun, surrender position, facing up-range. Upon start signal, your had to turn and run to the shooting box, which was about 15 feet away. At the beep, I turned and started to move to the shooting box. When I arrived, my gun was not there. My shiny, chrome plated Edge was rolling on the ground next to me. I learned that with a race holster, you have to secure your weapon before you move.

Lesson learned with no injuries is a good thing. Next time get the gun out of the holster as soon as you turn and get it up on target as you move into the box. Faster and you won't drop your gun! :cheers:

That happened a couple of years ago. Now, whenever I start facing up-range, I always put my hand on the weapon and secure it in the holster before I turn. Don't clear leather, well plastic, before I am facing downrange.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Had a buddy DQ in 3 Gun last week when his EDGE flew out of a Bladetech Speed Holster due to momentum. Buried itself in 4 inches of sand. First match with a new holster. We are both looking for Level 2's for 3 gun now.

Edited by 3gunnuts

I recently switched from production to limited...I had the race master holster for a few months and was nervous about this sort of thing...then I became terrified about this sort of thing when I watched it happen to someone else at a match....I switched back to a blade tech setup from the stoeger pro shop...I can't deal with going to a big match and something like this happen...just not worth the fraction of a second faster draw in my opinion

I've dropped a gun out of my holster, twice - both times while

scrounging for brass.

Fortunately, no one noticed :)

Huh? That's a no no my friend!

Yeah, I know :)

That's why I didn't tell anyone about it :)

BUT, I promise to Never do it again ...

I've dropped a gun out of my holster, twice - both times while

scrounging for brass.

Fortunately, no one noticed :)

Huh? That's a no no my friend!

Yeah, I know :)

That's why I didn't tell anyone about it :)

BUT, I promise to Never do it again ...

Not good enough Jack. You need to pinky swear with your hand on the USPSA rule book, with sugar and ice cream and a cherry on top, that you'll never,never,never,never do it again! So help you all the gods of shooting( ROs )! :ph34r:

• 1 month later...
On May 21, 2016 at 10:40 AM, RecoilJunkie said:

I had this happen to me at the SC state match.... last stage of the day..... bummer. new holster ordered!

Was this on stage one think I was in your squad. U was having hell of a match

I've only had my gun fall once. The 4 little screws holding my Ghost holster on to the belt all managed to vibrate themselves loose and the holstered gun fell to the ground. It happened while walking back to the firing line after going through my targets and scoring. I raised my hand, called over the RO, he picked it up, handed it to me, and thanked me for not touching it after it fell or he would have had to DQ me.  Unfortunately, my match was over for the day anyway - couldn't find 2 of the 4 screws so I had no functioning holster. Luckily there was only 1 stage left.

Edited by ClangClang

In the spring my buddy's 3 gun match. Had stage were throw ball in the air an hit it with bat, if it went past the targets it was a home run an 10 bonus points. I got a homer but when I reached for my 2011 it was nowhere to be found. It was pointed back at my friends, shitty ass feeling. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...