Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beast of the East 2015

valerko

Frirst off , it looked like a great match. Then everything turn d to crap.

Little rain and organizations were all screwed up.

We were scheduled to start at 1 pm , didn't start till 3:30 and nobody bothered to tell us that range closes at 8:00. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if it took morning squads to finish 7 hours in ligh drizzle , that there's no snowball chance in hell that we would finish in 4.

So I got soak , but sucked it up and went on, until somebody came at 7:30 telling us it'll be over soon and we can come back tomorrow to finish. Being pissed doesn't even describe it . 3 hour ride, crappy luch, crap for door prize ,cheap tshirt and soaked wet along with my gear is all I have to show for for 9 hours in rain , that and DNF. .

I understand that they can't control the weather , but between 3 match directors , you'd think they would figure something out , or at least let us know that there's big chance we won't finish.

They didn't kicked out morning squads for taking too long .

After pretty angry email to match director , I didn't even get "sorry we screwed up" .Management sure dropped the ball on this one . For over 3 hours we stood there waiting , there were empty stages , because they waited until everybody is done from morning crew.

Not something worth $100 and 3 hour drive.

Easton Fish & Game , you got 4 less shooters to worry about next year or Ever.

On the plus note , stages looked good and staff work their butts off . Too bad they didn't have so one with commen sense running the show.

This is email I received this morning.

Turns out they are OK , rather shot the whole match , but they get A+for effort.

"Good Morning,

We are extremely sorry that you were not able to complete the match on Saturday afternoon. If you would reply with your mailing address, we will send a $50 refund.

Although the split day format worked well for the 2013 and 2014 match, in the future, we will only use a full day format. We will not be able to offer as many slots and it will not be as convenient for some shooters, but we want to ensure that everyone will be able to finish.

Thank you,"

Ken Ortbach

I guess it happens. At least you got half back. It happened to me at the last S&W IDPA Indoor nationals I shot several years ago. At 6PM with 5 stages to go I had to make the decision. Start my three hour ride home or shoot the last stages and start the drive home at 9 or 10PM. I chose to walk out at 6PM and never return after shooting the match for 6yrs in a row. I have never missed it

• 1 month later...