Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Knock Down steel on a hinge

Can someone point me to where they sell the knock down plates that are attached to the post like the one's in this first stage?

https://youtu.be/2YVKZtXQ5M4

I've looked at every steel company I can think of and everyone only sells the un attached knock over style anymore... I'm looking for the ones that attach to a post or a 2x4 and hinge down when hit (but don't detach).

Thanks!

Chris

We make and use these on our range. outlaw 3Gun they work extremely well

We have

4x4"

5x5"

6x6" square

and

6x7" tombstone.

c16nUg2l.jpg

This is how we paint ours

yQgauwml.jpg

This is the actual tombstone, the above one was just a 6x6 testing model

vFsVdfrl.jpg

This video was after 200 shooters went through this stage - Shotgun

Edited by toothandnail

We have

4x4"

5x5"

6x6" square

and

6x7" tombstone.

c16nUg2l.jpg

yQgauwml.jpg

vFsVdfrl.jpg

Is the purpose to the horizontal piece of steel to keep them from spinning in the dirt?

And/or to step on to push them into the ground?

Can someone point me to where they sell the knock down plates that are attached to the post like the one's in this first stage?

https://youtu.be/2YVKZtXQ5M4

I've looked at every steel company I can think of and everyone only sells the un attached knock over style anymore... I'm looking for the ones that attach to a post or a 2x4 and hinge down when hit (but don't detach).

Thanks!

Chris

Those look the same as what I got from GT Targets

Is the purpose to the horizontal piece of steel to keep them from spinning in the dirt?

And/or to step on to push them into the ground?

Yes , Serves 2 purposes,

1. Keeps the target oriented in the correct position for the entire match ( we've all seen sloppy re-setters who just put a KO target back on a base that has turned )

2 Helps keep the hole from getting loose/wallowed out from multiple shooters, especially SG with the target absorbing a lot of energy. Depending on your soil type - most will stay tight for the entire match. Very loamy soil ( like a couple stages at the Nordic match) will loosen up simply because the dirt is so fluffy.

In light soils, If you can step them in with the bottom plate, they will need to be driven in quite a bit deeper to hold up to SG rounds, pistol isn't much problem in the lighter type soils.

We try and drive them down to where the drive lug on the back of the rod is at grade level.

• 9 months later...

We have

4x4"

5x5"

6x6" square

and

6x7" tombstone.

c16nUg2l.jpg

yQgauwml.jpg

vFsVdfrl.jpg

Where do you get your hinges from? I have a bunch of 6x6 plates cut and was going to do the normal knock off target but I like the hinge idea much more.

We have

4x4"

5x5"

6x6" square

and

6x7" tombstone.

c16nUg2l.jpg

yQgauwml.jpg

vFsVdfrl.jpg

Where do you get your hinges from? I have a bunch of 6x6 plates cut and was going to do the normal knock off target but I like the hinge idea much more.

We build 100% of the parts.

We use these at the range near Huntsville, AL where I run a monthly 3GN match and they are great for ease of setup ( all one piece), reset, and challenge. Put them out around 20-30 yds and you have to either choke up with the shotgun to get enough pellets on them to knock em over or use the pistol to get it done. Fantastic optional targets that seem to be holding up very well so far. Awesome value for the money; I think we have around 50 of them now.

We do have 6x6 and 6x7 with AR500 target face (still NOT for rifle) but for any clubs/ranges the require all steel to be AR500.

We have also upgraded the rod/stake to 5/8" , since many were wanting to shoot them under 10 yds with SG.

The 1/2" held up just fine at 12+ yards, but SG under 10yds packs a hard wallop :surprise:

• 2 months later...