Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Infinity

Red Ryder

As compared to what? Every piece of raw material goes into SVI as raw stock. They machine everything in house. To some it is worth it and to others it's not. My opinion is see if you can borrow one and I promise you nothing else can compare.

What you get is a better fit, longer lasting, more accurate pistol. They control every aspect of the components of their pistols. They don't depend on vendors to do their part. It has been worth it to me, but it might not be for you. Team shooters have gone 100,000 rounds on a frame/slide/barrel with regular maintenance. If you want/need a 1911, Infinity Firearms is the place to get it.

I own a STI Trojan. It sits in the safe and was recently fired for a CCW class. I have not used it in the last 8 years. It fares badly as compared to my SVs. But others love their STI.

That said, I presently have my daughter's inheritance tied up with Infinity guns. As Ranger said, It might not be worth it to you but they are worth it to me. Worth every penny spent and service is the best around.

Someone once told me they run like ball bearings on butter. I had a hard time grasping that concept until I racked the slide on my brand new Infinity. There it was, as smooth as ball bearings on butter. And then I pulled the trigger. There's really no comparison to any other 1911/2011 fire control system. It's just that much better. It is amazing what Brandon does with his SVIs.

Smooth and amazing is my impression of playing with other peoples. The guy said the trigger was 4 pounds and it felt like 4oz's. It was just crazy smooth.

I had a dealer tell me once that you may still have issues getting it to run perfectly out of the box....BUT Brandon will fix it asap for crappy loads or tell you exactly what load to run for peak performance. You don't get that anywhere except from high end custom guns.

if you buy an STI

get a good hammer (EGW/KOENIG) and do a triggerjob

trow the recoilmaster away and replace with a full lenght guide rod

tune the extractor and ejector

maybe get a good thumbsafety and pin the gripsafety

save a few hundred dollars for ammo and training

now order a SVI and wait 2 years, when it is ready you know that you need it or not.

I have a friend with 3 SVI sighttrackers... 2 broke down (cracked slides) and are waiting for parts (Europe...) so there is only 1 left for competition.

gr T

Sorry Woof..............my bad................................but just think-your not the only person I have to have this conversation with................

SV's are like gremlins..........they just multiply in the gunsafe if you feed them after midnight or get them wet......that is my excuse.......Plus I have an addiction to shiny things.......

Lots of Infinity pride here, and that is a great thing...seeing people excited about a product they spend their hard-earned dollars on.

Best 1911 on the planet? There is some mighty deep 1911 waters on this planet. Based on what I have shot? Matt McLearn; John Jardine; George Huenig (one for sale in classifieds here, btw); Paul Liebenberg; Richard Heinie (Ret.); Jim Garthwaite; among others, don't take a backseat to anyone when it comes to building a 1911.

We are lucky to live on a planet where some of the best pistolsmiths who have ever lived---are living now. We 1911 fans are truly blessed:)

Lots of Infinity pride here, and that is a great thing...seeing people excited about a product they spend their hard-earned dollars on.

Best 1911 on the planet? There is some mighty deep 1911 waters on this planet. Based on what I have shot? Matt McLearn; John Jardine; George Huenig (one for sale in classifieds here, btw); Paul Liebenberg; Richard Heinie (Ret.); Jim Garthwaite; among others, don't take a backseat to anyone when it comes to building a 1911.

We are lucky to live on a planet where some of the best pistolsmiths who have ever lived---are living now. We 1911 fans are truly blessed:)

Agreed.

My opinion comes from a little bit of experience...I've owned Springfield, Kimber, Les Baer, Colt, Para, Wilson Combat, STI, Benny Hill STI, Virgil Tripp STI and I've shot Brazos Custom STI, Akai Custom STI, Springfield Pro, Heirloom Precision. That's what I can recall at this moment. As far as 1911s go, I only own Infinity now.

Agreed that a full house custom from a big name smith are hard to beat. But I prefer my Infinity to my Dick Heinie Full House Custom. Not getting rid of either, just Infinity is something special

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is the first larger purchase that I did not have immediate buyers remorse. The wait was torturous, but even then after just touching one nothing else would do. Once I got mine in my hands the cost was a better value than I could have hoped for. And it just keeps getting better every time I shoot it.

I put my down payment on a wide body officer .45 today. Brandon talked me out of the Ti upgrades and into stainless over aluminum. I'm a customer service freak and to this point, they're the best on the planet. I've got a safe full of Colts, Kimbers, and a Les Baer Custom Carry Comache and figured it was time to carry the best. I'm hoping it will be worth the $$$$ and the angst of waiting.

If you can swing the price, Infinity is tough to beat. Sandy can engineer cat S''''''''t better than a cat can. He has been around along time, and he knows a few tricks that create art.

If you can swing the price, Infinity is tough to beat. Sandy can engineer cat S''''''''t better than a cat can. He has been around along time, and he knows a few tricks that create art.

^^^^This guy knows a thing or two about a thing or two too..... :cheers:

As I approach the "back nine" of life, I would love to treat myself to an Infinity. Any way to fondle the different grips? I have yet to see one in the wild although I come across an occasional PT build. I would hate to make a mistake on size or texture on what could be my last gun purchase ever (or at least that is what my wife will be told)

As I approach the "back nine" of life, I would love to treat myself to an Infinity. Any way to fondle the different grips? I have yet to see one in the wild although I come across an occasional PT build. I would hate to make a mistake on size or texture on what could be my last gun purchase ever (or at least that is what my wife will be told)

Hit up your local USPSA match and make your intentions known. These are mostly game guns so it's best to go to a game.