Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

National Shooters League Match

wheelie66

I was too young to shoot,ran targets and still have the belt buckle Doc gave me. Checkout the link on Doc Burgess's knife web page. There is a lot of photos, etc. I talked to Doc via e mail, he sent me a hat, some pins and an X- mas card. Shoot him an e mail, he would be happy to hear from you.

Can you post the contact info?

I was homed in Chicago in those days and was kicking ass and taking names in local shoots. I went to Laramie and got schooled.

Addison Clark took me under his wing, he was shooting a model 29 and I was shooting a model 25.

I think he took the top slot that year, but I finished high enough to get belt buckle# 38 - out of the money but still a worthy showing.

Mostly the Army guys were shooting 1911's, the civilians were shooting wheel guns in those days. $5K was the first prize and there were a bunch of guns on the table,

On my first run the gun locked up - too much lube in me hand loads! Gun was fouled with unburnt powder.

I went into town and bought 5 boxes of 185 grain FMJ SWC ammo, It printed about 2 inches above my handloads and I dialed in the sights at the gun shop's little range out back .

I wasn't used to shooting outdoors and the sun moved by aim around for the second though 4th rounds.

I shot a fairly good showing in the last try and secured buckle #38 !

Sorry for the delay,I can't seem to create a direct link with this Nook.

docburgessknives.com is the webpage and delist23586@mypacks.net is his e-mail.

That match was a tough one for sure,I still have a pack of those targets somewhere. Combine that withe running between stages and it added up to quite a challenge!

Addison did really well at Second Chance with his 29's and was one hell of a nice guy.

I hope this info helps, I sure miss those matches along with the first Bianchi Cups.

John Robbins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...