Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

required to use factory ammo for classifer

Sandbagger123

an upcoming classifier match the MD has stated that those using the CDP division to classify in others must use factory ammo with the same headstamp. he has referenced 9.3 adn in 9.3 it does not say anything about that. only that the MD must verify the equipment used meets standards.

My ammo hits 170 pf. i have chronoed a few factory 230gr 45 round and they run 185 to 205 PF. So is this requirement legal ?

Don't have my rule book handy, but how would he justify only requiring CDP shooters to use factory ammo while for everyone else it's "run whatcha brung". If he's that worried, there should be a chrono stage.

FWIW I classified in CDP and ESP last month with my 45 reloads.

• 11 months later...

What BS.

The only reason for that would be if the range only allows factory. In that case it should apply to all.

How long before there are attorneys who are board certified in competitive shooting litigation?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Re-reading the thread............seems to be a really good way to get alot of once fired 45 brass.....

At the last couple of sanctioned matches I shot, I told some of the SOs that at the end of the match I would come around and buy a bucket of 45s. No takers ?

• 4 weeks later...

an upcoming classifier match the MD has stated that those using the CDP division to classify in others must use factory ammo with the same headstamp. he has referenced 9.3 adn in 9.3 it does not say anything about that. only that the MD must verify the equipment used meets standards.

My ammo hits 170 pf. i have chronoed a few factory 230gr 45 round and they run 185 to 205 PF. So is this requirement legal ?

Ok if you use a Glock 30 to classify in all the divisions with 1 run.......as long as you make the PF for CDP how could you "cheat" for the other divisions since 165>125?

I would tell him "No problem, just supply the factory ammo you are requiring me to shoot." Won't make a difference, since you can't go down in classification without a Doctor's orders.... so let him pick up the tab. And, if he wants, he can have the brass :roflol: