Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aluminum C-More Low Dot Intensity

TerryO

Just switched to aluminum c-mores after shooting plastics for years. 6MOA dot just like with the plastics but what I'm finding is that on the aluminum sights I have to turn the intensity all the way up. I never did that with my old c-mores. I have two of them on two identical guns and both are exactly the same, have to crank it all the way up. I haven't tried new batteries but these batteries are brand new. On Friday I shot stage 1 of Double Tap as the last stage of the day facing into the sun and it really bit me. Anyone else have any input.

Pop a good battery in there OR stack two 357's for more power OR call Cmore and talk to them about it.

Edited to correct battery ID.

Edited by Sarge

Terry: When guys want a aluminum C-More I tell them to use a 8MOA dot instead of the 6. The aluminum 8 is like a plastic 6 or at least it seems that way. I know they should be the same but they are not. You can modify a plastic module to fit the aluminum frame easily. Thanks, Eric

Hey Eric, I agree that the 6 on the aluminum is smaller than the 6's I used to have on the plastic sights which I like. I'm going to try the batteries and if that doesn't do it I'll go to a bigger dot.

Terry: I hope everything is well with you and your family. Try to keep cool this summer and shoot all "A's". Thanks, Eric

Yep all is good here in Texas. Miss shooting with you buddy.

Pop a good battery in there OR stack two 376's for more power OR call Cmore and talk to them about it.

Is it 376 or 357?

357. I edited my original post just now when somebody questioned it as well. There are some shooters who never use a true Cmore battery because of cost and hard to find.

Terry: When guys want a aluminum C-More I tell them to use a 8MOA dot instead of the 6. The aluminum 8 is like a plastic 6 or at least it seems that way. I know they should be the same but they are not. You can modify a plastic module to fit the aluminum frame easily. Thanks, Eric

How do you modify the plastic module to fit the aluminum frame?

Pop a good battery in there OR stack two 376's for more power OR call Cmore and talk to them about it.

Is it 376 or 357?

357. I edited my original post just now when somebody questioned it as well. There are some shooters who never use a true Cmore battery because of cost and hard to find.

Amazon has them for $3 per battery.

Is it 376 or 357?

Amazon has them for $3 per battery.

Agreed they can be found for good prices. But they don't typically hang on the rack next to 357's. When they do they are expensive. I stock up and carry extras but occasionally somebody gets stuck at a major with a weak battery and you can't just run to walmart and pick up a 1/3 on the way to the hotel.

This place is one of the only places I've found 1/3 batteries locally. Check their store locator, there may be one local to you. The guy working the counter said people buy them for electronic dog collars, so pet stores may carry them also but have never looked.

http://www.batteriesplus.com

Edited by robb315