Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 Gen 3 Dawson Precision Sight Heights

TheBest

So I'm trying to figure out what sight heights to buy from Dawson Precision.

I want the Glock 34 Gen 3 to hit POI/POA with 115gr bulk ammo (Winchester, Federal, Fiocchi, etc.) at 20-ish yards.

From navigating Dawson's website, should I just get the Competition Fixed Sight Set? (Item 310-003) The sight set has a .205 tall front and a .225 tall rear. Will that get hits POI/POA @ 20-ish yards?

Other suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by TheBest

So I'm trying to figure out what sight heights to buy from Dawson Precision.

I want the Glock 34 Gen 3 to hit POI/POA with 115gr bulk ammo (Winchester, Federal, Fiocchi, etc.) at 20-ish yards.

From navigating Dawson's website, should I just get the Competition Fixed Sight Set? (Item 310-003) The sight set has a .205 tall front and a .225 tall rear. Will that get hits POI/POA @ 20-ish yards?

Other suggestions?

Thanks!

if you get it as a set and it does not hit where you want calculate how much it is off and call up dawson and they will send you the correct site for free.

I used Dawson's standard recommended front sight height on my G34 and it shoots to POA at 25 yards. Before I ordered I asked Dawson and they said to go with what they recommended and if it doesn't work then they'll give you a new front sight under their Perfect Impact Policy. But if you order some other height front sight and it doesn't work without first consulting them I don't know if they'll give you new one for free since you didn't first try their recommended height.

Another report of great customer service from Dawson Precision. I ordered their set with the Perfect Impact Guarantee for my G19 and my 147 gr bullets were shooting high. I provided the pistol model, distance to target, and poi. They sent another front sight - no charge - and now the poi is center of target. I'll be ordering another set for my G42.