Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Difference between Henning and EGD Xtreme guide rod?

Title says it all, what really is the difference, which is 'better'? Which would you buy? This is intended for a Stock II 9mm in production. I know 9mm recoil is not stout, but I do want to be able to safely run light recoil springs.

I have both. Honestly I would just get the Henning one from now on. The EGD seems like it more of a PITA to get in the gun (because of the fluted end) and its lighter.

I can take a pic tonight if I remember.

The EGD seems like it more of a PITA to get in the gun (because of the fluted end) and its lighter.

I can take a pic tonight if I remember.

That's part of what I was curious of. The EGD advertises being 10% heavier than stock, but is that just from the head? or is it left the larger diameter for more of the shaft? Henning never mentions weight in any of his advertising, but is it safe to say it is also 10% heavier with the same head? I personally prefer the balance of my S2 as it is right now...

If anyone is willing Id be curious to see the weight comparison between the two for the full size (3.8") recoil system guide rods.

If you are cheap... use the stock rod... afterall we are shooting minor pf...

If you want to change... use henning...

If you want to shoot IPSC .. use EG.

:)

This ^^^^^^^

I'm guessing the weight difference is going to be less than .1 ounces

The design is the same on both, large head, reduced mid section.

Edited by Nealio

I noticed Henning offers the guide rod now in both polished 416 stainless and in black. Does anyone know if the black is of the same material and painted or if it is carbon steel and blued? Or something else (nitride, etc)?