Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ICORE back at Silver Creek in SO IN

Hey guys, looks like we may be starting ICORE matches back at Silver Creek Conservation Club in SO Indiana. Myself and another member are co-directing the matches and are looking for interested participants. We do not have any tentative dates scheduled yet, but if you are interested you can PM me your name and email address and I will keep you informed as to when we will resume matches and future match dates. I am also setting up our scoring template that way I can just select who attended and input scores so that I can get participants results from matches more quickly.

-Stu

I did notice that. I had already been acquainted with the ScorIt from the WheelBurners guys, and was probably going to use it. I would love to run Practiscore at our club, the problem is WiFi availability there and number of devices available. Our club did invest in getting some Kindles I believe, in fact our USPSA and IDPA crowd has used them, but they also had some hiccups with them resulting in lost scores for one squad. I appreciate you mentioning it, any help is welcomed as I am a rookie Match Director.

Sidebar: I also noticed in your tag that you are a Chairman for ICORE. I must say, the people I have contacted in regards to getting things set back up have been wonderful to work with. Melanie helped set me up with quite a bit of stuff and pointed towards some other match directors for advice and networking. I also got in contact with the guy who wrote the Cylinder's Turn article about being a rookie match director and he gave me lots of helpful advice.

Thanks again.

-Stu

you are very welcome.

Our board had tried very hard to open lines of communication to the members and clubs. We still have a long way to go but things are looking up.

David

David, perhaps you could illuminate me on something. I noticed the rule book has changed starting May 1 and I wanted some clarification if you have the time to do so. The power factor rule (5.1 of the rule book) has a bold font portion lined through with the regards to factory loaded ammunition. I know in the past competitors could always use those factory loads and not have to worry about the chronograph at a match. Has that provision been struck from the rule book? Most shooters in our area reload anyway, but I wanted the clarification as match director for our club.

-Stu

Yes the board removed the factory ammo exemption. power factor is still 120. all factory ammo with the exception of certian 38 special loadings will make chrono. As board chairman I was not able to vote on this. This removal was proposed by vic pickett. you may direct all inquires to him on the reasoning behind the proposal.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have dates set for the matches yet. I was out of town last week. I meet with the board at Silver Creek the first week of July to discuss ICORE and make arrangements with them for the purposes of hosting ICORE matches. Tentative scheduling will be for this fall, possibly Sept and Oct, then resume in the spring next year. As far as day, we were looking at keeping it on a Sunday as it would provide more opportunities to a larger number of the revolver shooters at the club. I would like to work around as many other matches within reason, but I can't work around all the matches in the area. It will probably be the 4th sunday of the month like it used to be that way it out of the way of USPSA and IDPA at Silver Creek as well as other ICORE matches in the general area. (INDY)

I did notice that. I had already been acquainted with the ScorIt from the WheelBurners guys, and was probably going to use it. I would love to run Practiscore at our club, the problem is WiFi availability there and number of devices available. Our club did invest in getting some Kindles I believe, in fact our USPSA and IDPA crowd has used them, but they also had some hiccups with them resulting in lost scores for one squad.

It is best to have a Scoring device for each stage instead of each squad. If there is a problem, you lose a stage instead of a squad. You throw out a stage, but everyone has scores to go home with.

Good advice to know, I would hate to lose a bunch of guys scores at one of my matches. They are running Practiscore on the Kindles at the club, I downloaded it to my iPad to get a head start on how the program works, seems fairly simple to run and its nice to be able to post stuff/email scores immediately from the machine.

Was also considering putting on a classifier only match possibly the end of July for guys who are new to ICORE and want to get classified as well as guys who have been around and haven't been classified in a while. I'll keep everybody informed if said match does happen.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: Board approved ICORE to return at Silver Creek. I am meeting with the other MD Thursday to schedule the 1st match. Once we have our ROs familiar with ICORE I will post match date/times, fees and directions for all who are interested. There will be classifiers for anybody who wants to get classified.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: We held a small get together for those who are interested in being ROs and are proceeding with getting the match together.

Out first match back at Silver Creek Conservation Club will be held Sept. 27, 2015 unless cancelled by act of God. Times for registration and round counts to follow shortly. Any who are interested to shoot are welcome to come and if you need more info PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who might not have seen the post that I placed in the match announcements section, I am going to ad the information for the first match here as well. Hopefully some will be able to come out and shoot.

Alright guys, here's the match info for all who are interested to shoot it. Match is at Silver Creek Conservation Club 10801 State Road 60 Sellersburg, IN 47172. Directions to the club can be found athttp://silvercreekcc.org/directions/

Match Info:

September 27, 2015; final setup will start at 8am (hopefully there won't be much left to do), registration starts at 9am, new shooter orientation at 9:30am, general safety briefing/ squadding 9:50. Shooting starts at 10:00am.

Minimum round count is 179, everybody is encouraged to bring more than the minimum.
There are 9 stages: 4 classifiers, 1 steel challenge course, and 4 field courses.

Classifiers: CS-003 "Bill Drill to Third Power", CS-007 "Speed Only", CS-017 "Thread the Needle", CS-032 "Tight Squeeze"
Classifier note: for ICORE members wishing to be classified, $2 per stage is required to submit scores to ICORE for classification.

Match Fees: $15 for non-club members; $10 for club members; $5 for active/retired military, LE, EMS, juniors; ROs, setup, & teardown shoot free.

Any questions about the match can be PM'd to me or emailed at icorestu@gmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

We had a good match to start off with. Lots of fun, fair number of shooters turned out to shoot it, with many threatening to return. Everybody said that the stages were challenging and fun to shoot and that they wouldn't mind shooting them over again if given the chance. I'm going to share a video of one of the guys that was new to shooting with us of one of the field courses I designed. He said he would gladly shoot over again. The idea was that you had to engage all the blue plates before engaging any orange plates. (I had everything numbered on the back so that each plate corresponded to a particular setting so that it always balanced and every shooter got the same exact presentation.)

https://youtu.be/PVKna-br3i0

Edited by RevoWood123