Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Franchi Affinity for 3-Gun

Im curious if any of you hardcore Stoeger M3000/Benelli M2 guys have looked at the Franchi Affinity for 3-gun. I bought one for $659 shipped off of gun broker to modify but haven't had time to do so yet.

The gun is built almost identical in function to the Stoeger M3000 with the recoil spring around the OEM mag tube and action bars running to the bolt carrier. The bolt/carrier is almost identical to a Benelli M2. The trigger group and lifter are almost identical to a Benelli too. In fact I dropped my M2 trigger group right in the Affinity. It functioned during dry fire too. It wasn't a perfect fit cosmetically though. So I just dropped a Benelli welded lifter in it. I have never actually shot the gun but it feels lighter then an M3000 and at least $200 nicer then the M3000. I'm not sure why nobody has stumbled into this as a 3-gun option. I really wanted to bring it to the game but I just haven't had time.

Since its built in the Benelli plant versus in turkey like the Stoeger I expect a lot less variation in build quality too.

I wouldn't be scared to run one. Hopefully somebody will give it a go.

Looks like a pretty good option to me. Low profile handgaurd and properly located serial number are a few other bonuses as well. A quick google search yeilded at least one guy that has been running one. He had briley modify it for him.

I'm having a De'ja vue moment here, but I can't remember the details about it, but back in 2009 we had a local shooter run one of these because it was a "cheaper" Benelli. He was having so many issues with it when he started to get to the higher rounds counts (I.E. Jamming) that he finally got rid of it and try to come up with another great idea of using a left handed m2 (he's right handed). I think he still lurks on these boards so he can explain it a lot better :cheers:

EDIT: Just got ahold of him, turns out its not the Affinity model, but the Franchi 612.

Edited by DocMedic

I just shot a match with a guy who was shooting one. I have handled them on the rack but never shot one I have a stoeger as a backup and the franchi has the fit & finish that the Stoeger is lacking. I believe he said the m2 nut from Nordic is what he used without modification.

I just shot a match with a guy who was shooting one. I have handled them on the rack but never shot one I have a stoeger as a backup and the franchi has the fit & finish that the Stoeger is lacking. I believe he said the m2 nut from Nordic is what he used without modification.

The Stoeger M2000 and Franchi use the same nut. Mine had a different cut on the exterior then the m3000 and Benelli.

• 3 months later...

Jesse, did you do any experimenting with the Franchi? I am curious if this is an option that is worth the premium over the Stoeger and if it closes the gap between the M3000 and M2. Also curious if the trigger group parts interchange with an M2 for easy 922r compliance.

Jesse, did you do any experimenting with the Franchi? I am curious if this is an option that is worth the premium over the Stoeger and if it closes the gap between the M3000 and M2. Also curious if the trigger group parts interchange with an M2 for easy 922r compliance.

I actually sold it to Tyler Boucher from Samson Manufacturing. He's been running it all year. I put an M2 trigger group in the gun. It fit but it wasn't all nice and flush with every edge. So I just swapped out the extended lifter. The gun IMHO is a better option then the M3000 for $100 more. It's fit and finish is Italian versus Turkish. I'm super used somebody like MOA or Accurate Iron or C-Rums or Rose Action sports hasn't jumped on the platform and started modifying it for 3-gun.

If I didn't already have zero time and two Benelli M2's id be modifying one and running it myself.

• 1 year later...

I picked up a Franchi Affinity and have been having issues with shells ejecting from the tube into the loading ramp. It sometimes happens while loading or sometimes while firing. I've had it even throw a few shells at my feet while firing. It doesn't jam but I lose a shell or two or it prevents me from loading another quad load.

• 4 weeks later...

You need to tune your shell catch. Just the smallest bend (bend it towards the shells) will make the difference. It can be a frustrating process. But once you have the shell catch in the right position the gun runs great. It's trying to find that balance between making the shells slide by the catch smooth when you load and having the catch stop the shells. 

• 7 months later...

Sorry for the HUGE delay but I fixed the shell catch and had zero problems with my Franchi Affinity at the Nordic Vortex Trigun last June. It worked like a charm and never malfunctioned once. Excited to use it again at the Fort Benning Multigun this year.

Picked up a Benelli M2 and a Browning A5 to compare with the Franchi. Just haven't bit the bullet on modifying them yet but when I do I'll post here too.

I run the Affinity. I use a nordic +9 extension with nordic barrel clamp, a taran tactical lifter, taran oversized safety, nordic big bolt. I had Greg Peine of Peine Customs who is local to me work on the shotgun installing the parts and opening the loading port with his mill. For me the shotgun has been 100%, not one jam yet. I have run cheapo Federal walmart value pack and the walmart winchester, estate economy shells, pretty much every cheap brand I had laying around and it has functioned well. All in and set up for 3-gun and even paying someone to open the port and install some parts I'm in to at right around 1 grand. So I am extremely pleased with it so far. I was orginally going to go with the M3k but I do feel the Affinity is a bit better value for what you get. It's basically a Stoeger M3000 but built by Benelli.