Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag release in Stock 3

Koppi

Hey all,

Looking to turn mag release around, can you do that without taking the trigger apart?

don't think so, you'll have to remove the trigger bar and lift out the plunger to be able to remove the mag release. Be sure to cover the hole in the mag release when you remove the plunger or the spring and the tiny little detent will go flying across the room.

No you do not have to take the trigger bar out. Just take a pair of needle nose plyers and press the trigger plunger down and trist it until the nose is facing backwards and let it come bak up. Keep the whole covered on the side of the mag release so the plunger and spring don't go flying out. Of course the trigger has to be in the forward position to get the trigger bar out of the way. It's a tight fit so don't give up to soon. It will turn. Putting it back in I have to pull the trigger bar up as far as it will go to get the plunger to turn back to the forward position. I have a gunsmith vise with soft jaws and that makes it a ton easier to do.

Be careful. There is a spring and plunger that will pew out.

Cover that hole on the opposite side of the mag release with tape or your thumb.

If it was me I wouldn't cut the corner of removing the trigger bar. Just pull the trigger bar so you have more room to do what you need to do.