Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freedom Munitions Super Match

Honeybooboo

I got similar chrono results, averaged 1020 fps out of a 4.25" 1911, with a spread of 40 fps. For reference, out of the same gun, Freedom Muntiions 115gr RN averaged 1129 fps, the 124gr RN averaged 1058, and the 147gr RN averaged 923.

My impression is that it is just a slightly downloaded version of their regular 124gr ammo.

I didn't try any bench rest accuracy, and off-hand I didn't notice any better groups, but I wouldn't consider myself a good enough shooter to really know.

Edited by rev1911

$350 a K is not what I would call a good price. What's the upside?

Agreed. For that price I would try some Atlanta Arms.

AA doesn't list a 124gn match ammo, only 115.

They do show 124 target/defensive, but list no specs to know if it will make PF.

I'm done with Freedom Munitions and their light strike ammo. If you want to try good ammo try Northern Hills 124 Gr. or 147 Gr.

They use Berrys Bullets and Winchester Primers. I've shot a couple thousand rounds of their 124 Gr. and it's softer shooting than

American Eagle 124 Gr. and Very accurate out of my KKM & Factory Glock Barrel. They got it together over there.

$ 194.00 for 1,000 rounds and that includes shipping. It's a No Brainer. Try it, You'll never buy Freedom Munitions again.

I get it from Leesmags.com

http://www.leesmags.com/product-p/1000-9mm-124-rn.htm

================================================================================================

Edited by bigtimelarry

I'm done with Freedom Munitions and their light strike ammo. If you want to try good ammo try Northern Hills 124 Gr. or 147 Gr.

They use Berrys Bullets and Winchester Primers. I've shot a couple thousand rounds of their 124 Gr. and it's softer shooting than

American Eagle 124 Gr. and Very accurate out of my KKM & Factory Glock Barrel. They got it together over there.

$ 194.00 for 1,000 rounds and that includes shipping. It's a No Brainer. Try it, You'll never buy Freedom Munitions again.

I get it from Leesmags.com

http://www.leesmags.com/product-p/1000-9mm-124-rn.htm

================================================================================================

Have you checked this to see if it makes advertised PF?

I'd hate to spend a couple hundo and have it too slow.

Try his Ammo, I'm telling you, you will love it. You can go to a match and know that it works unlike Freedom where you get light strikes and can't trust

it in a match. Plus I was getting a lot of .380 cases in the Freedom Munitions 9mm. Like 10 in every 1,000 of their 147 Gr.

Try his Ammo, I'm telling you, you will love it. You can go to a match and know that it works unlike Freedom where you get light strikes and can't trust

it in a match. Plus I was getting a lot of .380 cases in the Freedom Munitions 9mm. Like 10 in every 1,000 of their 147 Gr.

Two things...

1st Did the info ever make it to Freedom Munitions?

2nd you do know that a lot of well known shooters "go to match and know that it works" Shooter such as Kalani Laker, Rob Romero, Jansen Jones,

Janna Reeves, James Casanova and even me?

I fully understand that you had issues and would hope that you gave the company the opportunity to rectify the

problem or work to make you less unhappy about it.

Two things...

1st Did the info ever make it to Freedom Munitions?

2nd you do know that a lot of well known shooters "go to match and know that it works" Shooter such as Kalani Laker, Rob Romero, Jansen Jones,

Janna Reeves, James Casanova and even me?

I fully understand that you had issues and would hope that you gave the company the opportunity to rectify the

problem or work to make you less unhappy about it.

Oh Yeah. I had problems a few years ago and quit using them. Then about 8 month's ago i tried them again figuring they had it sorted out by now.

Same Deal, light strikes ( A LOT ) called and talked to some girl who was very nice, she wanted the lot # etc. They sent me a shipping label and they paid the shipping which was great, Sent me Fresh 147 Gr, Still get light strikes. WTF Primers are they using ???

I have a Jager extended tip Striker and use a 4.5 Spring. Probably shot 80,000 rounds of Blazer Brass & American Eagle in the last 5 years and Never

get any light strikes.

I didn't even know about Northern Hills Precision Ammo. I was squadded with a guy at a match who was using it. He said it was awesome and gave me 10 rounds, i staggered them against my American Eagle 124 Gr. it shot softer, i bought 500 rounds to try it out figuring if i don't like it i'll use it for practice. My times were the same or better, sights settled perfect, cycles perfect, no light strikes, Very Accurate. I bought 2,000 more rounds, ran them thru my Shockbottle every one fit perfect, no high primers. I just ordered 6,000 more rounds just in case he raises the prices soon.

$ 189.00 for 1,000 rounds of soft shooting ammo that makes PF, Berry's Bullets, Winchester Primers.. I'm not gonna pass that up..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had a chrono issue with Freedom SuperMatch at a sanctioned IDPA match yesterday. Yesterday, I got pulled from my squad at the Iowa State match because this ammo did not pass chrono with an average of 124.1. Luckily, they pulled three rounds for my mag and used my gun (G-34) and it passed.....however, what if I was shooting a G-19 in CCP....I might have been screwed. I also had one, first-round malfunction that appear to be an improperly seated primer.

I used their 115 grain ammo until this year when they changed the load and it won't make minor PF. I am trying to avoid reloading so I thought their SuperMatch was the way to do...but not so sure now.