Bigwarhog5

The BOSS

19 posts in this topic

I just received my BOSS for my M&P 9 pro. This is the king of holsters. I feel like I could do cartwheels with this and yet my pistol draws effortlessly. Not to mention mind blowing fast shipping. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AFAIK it's 'just' a Blade-Tech holster with replacement screws - the BOSS hangar is the schizzle.

I read of some people just buying the Blade-tech holster and the ordering some of the stainless steel thumb screws and you have the same thing. I was actually going to buy the BOSS and ended up with the Blade-Tech because they seemed very similar. Was your BOSS in stock or made as they are ordered like the Blade-Tech?

Edited by Meyer23

I placed my order Wednesday night. Thursday morning I received an email that the blade tech body I needed was out of stock. They offered to substitute a comp tac body. I was ok with the swap. Holster showed up to my surprise Saturday. So far I'm pleased with the comp tac but the mount is what makes it shine. It is a very stable platform. It is like the first time you try a double belt. So ridged and stable.

You can swap hardware for the thumb screws, but that doesn't make a BOSS. I have a Blade-Tech Glock holster, and a BOSS for CZ 75 SP-01. It's the mount that makes this thing so amazing. I smash my thumb into the mount every time I try to draw the Glock from the standard DOH mount, but that doesn't happen with the BOSS mount. It's just a much better, thumb-saving way to mount the gun to the belt.

I currently have a bladetech doh with teklok attachment for my m&p pro. I like the holster but it puts my gun beyond the 2" max from the belt for uspsa and has the muzzle of the gun pointing in towards my leg. I assume if I buy the boss mount I can use just the holster I have and these issues will be corrected. Anyone else experience this and the correct it with the boss?

I currently have a bladetech doh with teklok attachment for my m&p pro. I like the holster but it puts my gun beyond the 2" max from the belt for uspsa and has the muzzle of the gun pointing in towards my leg. I assume if I buy the boss mount I can use just the holster I have and these issues will be corrected. Anyone else experience this and the correct it with the boss?

I had the same issue. I used a combination of bending the hanger after hearing(heat gun) and adding a washer on the lower screw between the hanger and holster to push the top of the gun in. Using a BOSS holster now though.

So the boss took care of the issue correct? I have a bunch of washers down between the bottom screw. It's better but still not vertical

If you get the BOSS setup and plan on using it for USPSA, make sure to order it with 1/2" or 1/4" spacers. The 3/4" will be too long. The 1/2" is just about right but verify with your setup. I have the BOSS hanger with the Comp-Tac holster and with 1/2" spacers, I'm just under the 2 inch measurement.

Good info on the spacers, getting ready to place my order

Got mine yesterday for my cz 1/2 spacers were just right. Now I'm trying to figure out how much cant works best since I've never had the option

Got mine yesterday for my cz 1/2 spacers were just right. Now I'm trying to figure out how much cant works best since I've never had the option

Any tips/tricks on getting the original blade tech doh off? The nut just spins with the screw and I cant get my finger in there to hold it while unscrewing. Are they thread locked?

I don't think they are. Can you get your hand in there if you take out the tension adjustment screws?

I've been using the BOSS for a little over a month now and I really like it. It's a shame I didn't get one sooner. I was using a standard blade tech with teklok but the boss hanger more lines up with the draw stroke I use for my work rig. An added plus is my draw times have gone down significantly with the DOH.

I was afraid of cracking the pouch. I'll try to figure something out. Thanks.

Btw, just ordered the hanger and it shipped within the hour. Can't get any better than that.

Be careful using a drill on the bladetech screw. I was trying to hold the back with my finger and realized too late that everything was just spinning so fast that it started to melt the kydex.

I went with the boss and bladetech from a safariland standard belt loop set up. Holy crap. Huge improvement! Currently it's my production set up but I'll likely get another for my single stack gear ... Great holster hanger