Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How hard are Sellier & Bellot SPPs?

XxMerlinxX

I've shot thru a little more than 5000 at this point and only a few issues in a kimber 9mm 1911 or a few different M&Ps. I did get light strikes for a batch, but it was determined that the primers were not properly seated which caused the issue. When the rounds are loaded properly they're good to go.

When my press (650) was new I had my priming system get locked up pretty badly. Could really only narrow it down to an out of spec primer not fitting in the disk. I threw out the primers in the press after tearing it all down and have never had that issue again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought 4000 myself while they were cheap. I am guessing they are relatively hard as I have had 4 out of the first 100 or so shot that did not fire first trip thru a Glock 34. All fired on the second attempt.

What is weird about this is the fact that I came on the forum to make a post to let others know to be aware.

I got 99,000 <---- yes really, of them before the last big scare to convert my customers ammo to and save money.

I would have payed the bill twice to have never received them. Nothing but trouble, and a failure rate in light sprung glocks and 1911s of 22%

YMMV

Strange. Here in South Africa, S&B and Magtech are about the only primers we use as sports shooters. The rest are just too expensive over here. Light strikes don't seem to be a problem unless the primers aren't fully seated

Edited by CZinZA

Strange. Here in South Africa, S&B and Magtech are about the only primers we use as sports shooters. The rest are just too expensive over here. Light strikes don't seem to be a problem unless the primers aren't fully seated

I think they had some inconsistency between the different Lots. I went 8k with no problems, Then every other sleeve of 100 would have 15-20 dead ones, back to all good for another few K, and then again back to problems. Striker guns were the worst.

Swtiched between the S&B, Remington, CCI, Winchester, and Federal, all on a 1050 that stays very clean and the S&B were failing a lot. (purchased in December 2012 if that matters)

• 2 weeks later...

I got 3k of them. First 1k I prefer the over Tula SPP as with the Tulas I was getting light strikes on my M&P40 with Apex trigger and FSS.. Work well in both my Lee loadmaster and Hornady LnL AP press. I'll be ordering more. I feel they are softer than the Tula's due to the ability of my M&P to light them all