Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

60 Degree Safety

Alright guys...

I used to have the standard magpul grip on my spike tactical coupled with a B.A.D.A.S.S selector from battle arms.

Recently I have changed the grip to one with a steeper angle... Now hitting the whole 90 degree is slightly less confortable...

What option do I have for a 60 safety lever that will work with a hiperfire 24C?

My lower is a standard Spike Tactical.

Thanks!

I changed all my selectors over to the Seekins Precision one and am very impressed with them. Not sure how it will work with the Hiperfire though.

safety_selectors.fw.png

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/parts-and-accessories/other-accessories/sp-safety-selector-kit-1.html

eta - just read it says not to use with the hipertouch - sorry

Edited by JWil

What is the issue that these have w Hiperfires?

Called them up... Apparently it makes the trigger unsafe, aka will fire on safe.

I end up with the Strike Industries switch kit ($40) + the Strike Industries 55/45 lever ($15), works good with the Hiperfire 24C.

Only down side is the lever kit are polymers... But you gets 10 on them to try on.

• 4 weeks later...

I have the Noveske STS with a Geissele SDE and it works fine. The only gripe i have for 60* safeties (or maybe its just this model) is the seemingly increased effort to actuate it. Mine seems very stiff and its well lubed with grease in the detent channel. Makes me second guess it being on "Safe" when tossing it into the dump bucket sometimes.

I have the Noveske STS with a Geissele SDE and it works fine. The only gripe i have for 60* safeties (or maybe its just this model) is the seemingly increased effort to actuate it. Mine seems very stiff and its well lubed with grease in the detent channel. Makes me second guess it being on "Safe" when tossing it into the dump bucket sometimes.

You might have to cut the spring on the detent a tiny amount . Had o do that with my Seekins . Now it's perfect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Please help, fellas, as I'm running a Noveske Gen 3 lower with Magpul STS 60* safety and the Hiperfire ECL will not reset. 

And yet yet a few of you here are stating this combo works just fine(?). 

Is the ECL different than the 24c?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I emailed Hiperfire with the same question. The person who replied told me that he uses a Talon Ambi Safety. He did mention that it may or may not affect the feel of the trigger, but he does not notice it. I use the Talon in all of my guns, and will be testing it with the Hiperfire 24c when it comes in. I'll report back with my findings.

When using the Talon with a Hiperfire trigger the tolerances of your lower matter a lot. If you are using a lower quality receiver the chances of the hammer releasing on reset go up substantially. 

On 7/16/2017 at 8:46 PM, 1911luvr said:

You have them with a 24c trigger? Elfmann says it doesn't work with the 24c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, I overlooked the 24c requirement. I have it with a Giessele SD3G and a Giessele 2 stage trigger.