Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What did you do today to further your 3-Gunning?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hit the gym with Taran Butler (ok, his 3Gun Show interview) and made a quick range trip. In the pouring rain, I got on a whopping 30 rounds of rifle at 100 and 200M, and 75 rounds of shotgun. Shotgun was function - testing some Rio, Federal, and AAs on shoot/load drills.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Got done with work a little early so I used the shops tools and materials to fab up some challenging pistol targets for my backyard range. Made 6x 2.75" KO steel targets, attached to some re-bar stands by 3' of 3/16" cable because I assumed (correctly) that I would spend a lot of time looking in the weeds behind my berm for the small steel after I shot them if they weren't tethered. Then I went home and shot them with my middle son (5yr) acting as my RO/cameraman.

Then I finished putting together my new jogging stroller 3 gun cart, no more making my wife lug 30lbs of gear and 1-2 guns around a match!

Edited by TonytheTiger

Then I finished putting together my new jogging stroller 3 gun cart, no more making my wife lug 30lbs of gear and 1-2 guns around a match!

Sounds like a Mothers Day gift. No more lugging. Now she can push the cart. :bow:

Your right! I'll be sure to officially give her "her gift" sometime in 5/2016!

I shot my first match since having my left foot rebuilt last October. My shotgun reloads were smooth and I went one for one on long range rifle out to 400 yds. I was slow as molasses but happy to be there!

I reviewed match video from a club match on Saturday (where I got my clock cleaned) and watched some video from the Nordic Components match. I also talked with a trainer about some agility and foot - speed drills

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I had a checkup with the doc after carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand, and got cleared for light duty use. It has sucked not being able to shoot, but my grip strength is measurably improved versus pre-surgery less than two weeks ago. In addition, the 'pins and needles' sensation in my first three fingers went away within hours after the surgery. If you have Carpal Tunnel and have been avoiding the surgery, I highly recommend it. Actual surgery only took maybe 10 minutes and the benefits are immediately apparent. Now I am just waiting for the sutures to be removed so I can start live-fire practice again!

I had a checkup with the doc after carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand, and got cleared for light duty use. It has sucked not being able to shoot, but my grip strength is measurably improved versus pre-surgery less than two weeks ago. In addition, the 'pins and needles' sensation in my first three fingers went away within hours after the surgery. If you have Carpal Tunnel and have been avoiding the surgery, I highly recommend it. Actual surgery only took maybe 10 minutes and the benefits are immediately apparent. Now I am just waiting for the sutures to be removed so I can start live-fire practice again!

Great news mister! (now get back on the back-log of MOA shotgun perfection)

Heal well my friend!

Did you have the surgery on your strong hand? If so, holy smoke!

Yes, my strong hand. 20+ years of machining takes a toll on your hands, as well as playing Bass guitar since I was 13. Damage to my right hand was severe, left is moderate. I will wait on the left hand until I am not so far behind on work. Kind of had to do the right hand, as I was occasionally having my fingers lock up, or just randomly dropping things from what seemed like a secure grip. Doc said if I continued to tough it out eventually the nerves would die and I would lose the use of three of my fingers. If I had known how minor the surgery recovery would be I would have done it long ago.

So it was an out patient type procedure? Glad it is working out for you.

Yes, entire operation was at the plastic surgeon's office, local anesthetic, 45 minutes from arrival to checkout. Have to go back in on Monday to have the sutures removed, then I am free to shoot again! I wasn't able to grip a pistol without pain for the first 5 days, but have been gradually increasing my dry-fire regimen since then.

So it was an out patient type procedure? Glad it is working out for you.

Yes, entire operation was at the plastic surgeon's office, local anesthetic, 45 minutes from arrival to checkout. Have to go back in on Monday to have the sutures removed, then I am free to shoot again! I wasn't able to grip a pistol without pain for the first 5 days, but have been gradually increasing my dry-fire regimen since then.

Tom,

That was a far different process than I had last September!