Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What did you do today to further your 3-Gunning?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I "exercised" a Coyote with my pistol and shot a bunch of Prairie Dogs with my rifle from field positions. Not an easy task, but they always seem dumber the first nice day after a heavy snow. No prone today, way too muddy!

Well, Monday I did the scores for Sunday's 3 gun match. Yesterday, I, like others went to work to be able to pay for the shooting, and packed my ammo for shipping to New.Mexico for the HeMan Nationals.

Lesson plan for practice? This year I've been lucky to get ammo loaded!

I started the switch to quad loading shotgun instead of loading weakhand from caddies.

shane

Welcome to modern times, Shane, don't get too fast. :cheers:

Yesterday, ~30mins pistol dryfire drills.

Today, SG loading on the move + pistol dryfire drills.

Edited by AustinWolv

I started the switch to quad loading shotgun instead of loading weakhand from caddies.

shane

Welcome to modern times, Shane, don't get too fast. :cheers:

Yesterday, ~30mins pistol dryfire drills.

Today, SG loading on the move + pistol dryfire drills.

I guess I have waited long enough Darin. I may be coming to you for some instruction. lol

I shot a few more Prairie Dogs, around an old water tank with my shotgun. Then shot my rifle at some rocks that I know are 200-400 yards away and around 10" in diameter. Put up a target and did a few Gunsite school drills with my pistol. Still plenty muddy in spots, but at least I didn't have to wash my brass off this time. :)

Made notes of drills i need to practice. After each match i make mental notes of everything I struggled with and plan to incorporate into the next range day. Problem is, I rarely remember each one and the reason I wanted to practice it. So, now I make written notes

Edited by Jmob50

Working on getting back healthy from disc problems in my back, but I can tell you what my son has done that has improved his 3-gun greatly--went to quad loading with Invictus caddies and bought a set up used Benelli M2. His weakest part, shotgun, has improved 100%. Confidence in his shotgun is an amazing improvement.

gerritm

Confirmed zero on all guns then shot a couple hundred rounds through each in fast action practice in prep for tomorrow's local 3 Gun match. Also helped a new shooter get his 3 Gun stuff figured out.

Edited by Moltke

Shot my local 3 gun match and did well except for the long range rifle which ate my lunch. Just could not stop slapping the trigger... Prone work for me next training session...