Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CK arms vs Dawson posi lock for 2011

I had the dawson, it cracked, they wouldn't warranty it so I got the CK and haven't looked back. Not sure about it rpeventing over insertion but I don't tend to slam my mags in that hard

"No Trap" Widebody Mag Release

The CK Arms widebody mag release is designed to keep shooters from trapping a magazine in the gun during a reload as can happen with normal mag releases. The design prevents the over-insertion of the release into the grip while our unique internal geometry gives more clearance to the magazine so it can drop freely. Fits STI / CK Arms widebody grips. Made from carbon steel barstock with a blued finish.

Doesn't say anything about preventing mag over-insertion Edited by Quack

Yeah I think you misread. They are talking about guys with strong grip pushing the release hard enough to stop a mag falling out. They add some extra clearance on the side closest to the button to stop that. Seems a bit of a lame reason to say you'll never buy anything from ck. they offer some great stuff. :)

The design prevents the over-insertion of the release into the grip so the magazine can drop freely. It doesn't keep the mag from over inserting.

The STI release will allow you to push it in far enough to trap the mag in the grip.

The design prevents the over-insertion of the release into the grip so the magazine can drop freely. It doesn't keep the mag from over inserting.

The STI release will allow you to push it in far enough to trap the mag in the grip.

My bad Mr Cheely. I have edited out my post.