Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mag Release Buttons

tyler2you

Is it the mag release that's worn, or is it the locking groove on the right side of the grip. The tab on the locking screw engages this groove and locks the mag release into the grip.

Its the hole on the left side of the grip where supposedly only the button part of the magcatch should protrude. In my case the whole mag catch assembly would partially protrude as pushed by the mag catch spring. Tried some mag catches from my other 2011s with same results. I replaced the whole plastic grip and the problem was solved. It was the more expensive solution but When I encountered this thread I thought there could be hope for my old grip.

• 1 year later...

I just had the problem mentioned above, an older Svi stippled grip original to the pistol. The mag catch basically came through on the right side, I have tried 2 other mag catches no luck. I think that small bevel is worn out, I really don't want to replace the grip, but I guess I will have too. Has anyone ever been able to remedy this problem?

On 6/9/2015 at 4:31 PM, ericridebike said:

Do they make the STI extended in stainless? All I have been able to find is the blued version.

Just bead blast it. Or have APW chrome it. That's what I did! :)

16 hours ago, Str8Shooter720 said:

Liked my STI but switched to double tap a little more comfortable for.me.

I did the same thing after using the STI button for a number of years  The serations were just a bit too aggressive, after dry firing 2 or 3 days in a row my thumb felt like I had been using a grater