Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Para USA Magwell

Glockster35

I ordered a SA magwell and it arrived today. Sadly it requires the frame and grips to be cut. Does anyone make a magwell that does not require the frame or grips to be cut? This will be going on a Black Ops Double Stack.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that the Dawson magwell is just plug and play. Like the one that comes stock on the pro custom. BUT ... Standard mags may or may not work anymore. At a minimum you would need Dawson pads to fit with the magwell inside profile. The Pro Custom mags will work for sure if you have those. I have an older. 90's para that I put on a S&A magwell. It did require the mods you are talking about but that was almost the only game in town in the late 90's .

Installed the Dawson Ice magwell today. Took some fitting on the mainspring pin hole, but otherwise fit well. The magazines on the other hand are a complete pain. I have had to trim the tops on each of my 9 magazines to fit. So today I ordered several Dawson baseplates to try out. I read reviews of others saying once trimmed, their baseplates quickly broke.

Installed the Dawson Ice magwell today. Took some fitting on the mainspring pin hole, but otherwise fit well. The magazines on the other hand are a complete pain. I have had to trim the tops on each of my 9 magazines to fit. So today I ordered several Dawson baseplates to try out. I read reviews of others saying once trimmed, their baseplates quickly broke.

I have several that I trimmed/sanded to work years ago and haven't seen any signs of breakage.

• 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to update this since I was asked in a PM. All of my magazines are the Mec-Gar P-14 magazines. And the Dawson basepads and extensions all worked great. I can get 17 rounds in the +3-4, so it is just right.

• 1 year later...

I like the Cheely magwell I have on my Pro Custom (should fit your double stack just fine). Picked up a couple of these on EBay ... real cheap a year ago.

See there are some still available at Sarco ... not too much more expensive .. a deal for less than $50! :lol:

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/para-ordnance-magwell-comp-poly-insert-d-stk-ccg-blk.aspx

edit: oh yeah ... here is a picture!

magwell.jpg

Edited by pete627
add photo

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, pixfella58 said:

I ended up getting the Cheely small Para magwell. Installation was simple and easy and my Dawson basepads work perfectly with it. No trimming was required.

Cheely fits great on my p16 with dawson extensions, but with factory mag extensions the mags won't lock in. Guess I will need to trim the magwell or drop the coin on 6 more extensions at $40ish a piece.

• 7 months later...
On 5/2/2017 at 12:40 PM, pixfella58 said:

I ended up getting the Cheely small Para magwell. Installation was simple and easy and my Dawson basepads work perfectly with it. No trimming was required.

Do you have pics of the small magwell I was thinking about getting one.  Just wondering about how small it is.