Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 Memphis Charity Challenge

On Saturday, September 24, 2016 at 11:26 PM, hopalong said:

Blue Ridge,

Yes you will get one ticket per entry !

As for the challenge of the longer stages. . . . . .

One of the bigger reasons to shoot revolver in USPSA is the challenge of making it work. A challenge I always embraced that gave the division it's own identity and personality (until the 8 minor pretty much ended that).

Also hearing all the griping about low round count stages at the USPSA Nationals we decided to never have that comment made about the MCC  : ^ ]

Hopalong

I am too stubborn to give up my 6 shot revolver, and will muster on through whatever stages happen to stand in front of me. Bring them on I say! :P

I will definitely have sufficiently full days of shooting both revolver and single stack. I had mixed feelings about the match being opened up to more divisions, but then I realized how many shooters had not had the opportunity in the past to compete in this fine match (with their chosen division recognized in it) and felt the more the merrier! :D

Let's make this match one that people talk about all year and wait with baited breath to sign up to shoot it again next year!

Edited by Blueridge

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all . . . . . . 

Stages will be finalized and permanent today. ( most are just a little work left ).

If you are shooting Friday we will have a shooters meeting at 09:00 central with shooting starting afterwards.

Saturday starts 08:00.

Our lunch vendors could not return this year, and our backup had committed elsewhere so no lunch either day. Sorry about that.

See y'all on the range.

Hopalong

Thanks to all who came to the Memphis Charity Challenge. 

It was good seeing the 21 revolver shooters making the division the largest of the match.  (First time in history)

Congrats to Chris Comer for his match win !!!!!!

I'm tired. I go to bed now !

Hopalong

Such a great match !! The best USPSA match I have shot so far,,

stages were just amazing with everything a shooter would want and then some..

This was my grandsons 1st major USPSA and he had a great time with the support of the whole squad .
Hope they will have it again next year.

I enjoyed returning to the match after missing it for a few years. Being able to shoot two different divisions for score made the trip even better. All of the stages were good and challenging, with the high general round count making sure all of the shooters got their "money's worth". While I have been shooting revolver division for some time now, this was only my second match shooting single stack division. The highlight of the match for me was finishing 2nd in single stack and 6th overall on stage 10. :D