Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Drive for Dillon 1050

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They have a website up now with an online store at http://www.markvii-loading.com/. I was shooting a steel challenge match with the owner of the company yesterday and he showed me a video of (one of) his running at 1800 rounds per hour churning out 38SC major pf ammo. Even at that speed there wasn't a drop of powder spilled. It's a sweet setup, I could get a years worth of loading done in a day, but I don't load enough to make the investment worth it.

All, please visit our vendor tent here for more discussion on the Mark 7 Autodrive. As Brassaholic13 mentioned, a number of threads here on Enos have been discussing the Mark 7 Autodrive.

@wrenchmonkey - While the Forcht conversion is cheaper than the Mark 7 Autodrive, you really do get what you pay for. The Forcht conversion is a permanent modification to the 1050 which you have to send out to modify. Our Mark 7 Autodrive requires no permanent modification and is easy to install on your Super 1050 or your RL 1050. The Mark 7 automatically calibrates and digitally adjusts for: dwell time, torque limits, and index speed - all from the tablet. The Mark 7 Autodrive is also belt driven and there is no need to physically change gears like on other autodrives.

@BostonBullit - Great to hear you had a chance to meet our CEO, Jay. The Mark 7 Autodrive was his idea precisely because he was having so much difficulty with the other autodrives on the market. As someone who shoots upwards of 5k rounds a week, he needed a better way to reload.

Here is a recent video of the Mark 7 Autodrive reloading .40 S&W at 1800 rounds per hour.

Well, I just hope that Mark7 includes a replacement link arm (p/n 11063) with their kit. Because it's already been well documented that manual operation will cause that link arm to fail. Dillon knows there's an issue, because they etch a date on every one they send out.

I also hope Mark7 has a means to detect full stroke on the press. That's the major downside of the Ponsness-Warren due to flex.

The Forcht may require modification to the press, but the modification done causes no harm to the press, and does not prevent it from being returned to manually operated if desired.

@Brassaholic13 - the Mark 7 Autodrive is designed to not overdrive the press at the bottom or top of the stroke, thereby reducing the overall wear on the 1050 link arm. Also, our calibration sequence detects full stroke on the 1050 upon startup.

• 4 weeks later...

All, please visit our vendor tent here for more discussion on the Mark 7 Autodrive. As Brassaholic13 mentioned, a number of threads here on Enos have been discussing the Mark 7 Autodrive.

@wrenchmonkey - While the Forcht conversion is cheaper than the Mark 7 Autodrive, you really do get what you pay for. The Forcht conversion is a permanent modification to the 1050 which you have to send out to modify. Our Mark 7 Autodrive requires no permanent modification and is easy to install on your Super 1050 or your RL 1050. The Mark 7 automatically calibrates and digitally adjusts for: dwell time, torque limits, and index speed - all from the tablet. The Mark 7 Autodrive is also belt driven and there is no need to physically change gears like on other autodrives.

@BostonBullit - Great to hear you had a chance to meet our CEO, Jay. The Mark 7 Autodrive was his idea precisely because he was having so much difficulty with the other autodrives on the market. As someone who shoots upwards of 5k rounds a week, he needed a better way to reload.

Here is a recent video of the Mark 7 Autodrive reloading .40 S&W at 1800 rounds per hour.

looks like the Mr. BF is almost having trouble keeping up!

• 9 months later...

Well, I just hope that Mark7 includes a replacement link arm (p/n 11063) with their kit. Because it's already been well documented that manual operation will cause that link arm to fail. Dillon knows there's an issue, because they etch a date on every one they send out.

I also hope Mark7 has a means to detect full stroke on the press. That's the major downside of the Ponsness-Warren due to flex.

The Forcht may require modification to the press, but the modification done causes no harm to the press, and does not prevent it from being returned to manually operated if desired.

Just broke mine 2 weeks ago. :mellow:

Where exactly did it break, and have you been lubricating it?

Where exactly did it break, and have you been lubricating it?

down by the threaded eye-bolt

swagerod_1.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's the swage rod, not the link arm. Buy the Fast and Friendly Brass swage rod to replace that one.

my factory swage rod died at about 10k pieces of prepped brass. the F&F one is 20k in and looks brand new