• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Quote)

2MoreChains

• photo-thumb-16672.jpg?_r=1437266374
  • Classifieds
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • 935 posts

Posted Today, 06:39 PM

ETR7. The charge weights are almost exactly the same as N320. I load N320 for match load and ETR7 for practice. When switching back and forth between the two powders I don't have to change the powder measurer its that close.
A-63474

This is the same thing I find. ETR-7 does an excellent job of imitating N320.

5.4 gr Hodgdon HP-38 at 1.19 OAL out of a 5in barrel is nice and soft. Chronos out at about 945 fps. And, you can count on about 20 fps with every tenth of a grain increase or decrease...and it's cheap.

Edited by xd1977

It's going to difficult to "replace" N320. You can however "settle for a suitable substitute."

Clay's is a great choice. I load that in my 38 super.

I used e3 as a substitute for N320 in my 9mm load and it was great.

I am using Clay Dot in my 40 loads.

Many use WST and have good results.

Edited by ClaytonWelch

I still have some N320 left that I only bring out on special occasions.

I switched all my customer ammo From N320 to:

Explosia D032 ( http://www.explosia.cz/en/streliviny/download/reloading_EN.pdf )

Took some playing around to get it where I wanted for each load, but it is Great stuff and nearly as clean

If you have an FFL its very inexpensive by the 25lb box

How much is it? Couldnt find a price.

Thanks

Funny , just today I switch from Titegroup to VV N320. The Titegroup is accurate, meters well, but dirty and very snappy. Way to snappy. Softer shooting is the main reason I'm switching. I have several pounds of N320 but when that dries up I have poundage of Bullseye and Clays. Good luck on your quest!

I prefer Clays - but - it may not be available and the Firm that manufactures it in Australia is supposed to be ceasing to make it this year.

Wow. I know poster is a long time Benos contributor and I have implemented his advice often and trust his input. Love Clays in my 45 load and believe it to be popular powder. Hope Steve comment wrong and disappointed if correct.

I just bought 16 lbs of Clays from Cabelas. It's now being made in Canada.

That is my understanding too. Hodgdon is transitioning over contract production to Canada...same product as prior.

ADI's Australian plant will release a reformulation that provides for more earth friendly process sometime mid 2016.

I prefer Clays - but - it may not be available and the Firm that manufactures it in Australia is supposed to be ceasing to make it this year.

Que ? Clays is ADI AS30N and is available here.

Here is the latest news release from ADI on where they are up to; http://www.adi-powders.com.au/handloaders/news.asp#item0

AS30N = Clays

AP50N (not imported to US) similar to HP38

AS50N = International

AP70N = Universal

N320 is preferred here for minor but has been almost non-existant for a while.

Second choice AP50; available in small quantities in December 2014 but not available since.

Third; AS50N available in small quantities.

Fourth; AP70N in ok quantities.

In spite of its popularity in the US AS30N (Clays) is not popular here.

Edited by BMaus