Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

First shot El Pres

Onepocket

After I get warmed up my average is between 1.05 and 1.15.

Shooting it cold usually around 1.2-1.3. I think the last time I shot it it was 4.7? Dunno I may shoot it tomorrow and I will report back.

WJM

.90-1.0 drawing at 10 yards. To be honest the other day is the first time I ever turned and drew a gun static. Usually in a match if you turn and draw you are going some where before you shoot. What turning style do you do? Manny taught a friend of mine how to do it and I just copied them.

Let's break it down. A 1.5 sec turn and draw plus a 1.5 second reload with .25 splits and transitions gets you a 5.50 sec El Prez. If I figured correctly.

This gets you to the GM range in some divisions. Close in others.

The point is ....you are on the right track. Place your emphasis where necessary.

I'm always tryin to push my times down. Once every month or two I will pick a drill (4 Aces, bill drill, el prez ect. and see what I can do. My practice is mostly setting up large stages and trying to find ways to save time. I'm just curious about reload times at different distances.

also remember that WRT match performance the only times that mean anything are your first, cold run of the session. your times for El Pres on your 10th rep are basically meaningless since this is not how you shoot it in a match. lots of people like to use their personal best time or their time after shooting 200 rds and wonder why it's different then their match times ...

I'm always tryin to push my times down. Once every month or two I will pick a drill (4 Aces, bill drill, el prez ect. and see what I can do. My practice is mostly setting up large stages and trying to find ways to save time. I'm just curious about reload times at different distances.

I think doing what you say is pretty smart. Never quit pushing and learning and trying to save time.

when i was training with my Production gun full-time i had selected 4 different classifiers that were easy to setup and would test the full range of fundamental skills. every other training session i would set one up and shoot it once as the first cold run of the session and then track those scores as a way to determine progression. i would then use that same setup or part of it to work on skills so i wouldn't waste a lot of time resetting targets for just one run ...

also remember that WRT match performance the only times that mean anything are your first, cold run of the session. your times for El Pres on your 10th rep are basically meaningless since this is not how you shoot it in a match. lots of people like to use their personal best time or their time after shooting 200 rds and wonder why it's different then their match times ...

I see you point on that, but at the same time, by the time you get to the classifier stage, you might have shot 100-140 rounds in a regular match, but I completely agree with you. Today,I was functioning checking my 35 with 9mm conversion barrel for the Jabs extreme challenge this weekend. I decided to run the el presidents a few times and wound up running it probably 12 times or so. First two were mid 6 second runs, but after that they were mostly mid 5 second runs. Best run of the day was about 4 from the last with a4.79 with all 12 on paper. Felt crazy to have splits of .19 and transitions of.21. Really didn't think I was capable of that until today.

If I push I can get my first shot in the .80's.

Try not to put expectations on what you can achieve. I have done some things I never thought I could do simply by trying.